MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- John ★ 9.35 Rating (17 votes)
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome ★ 9.18 Rating (101 votes)
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19268 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.16 Rating (413 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.15 Rating (7466 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11075 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8733 votes)
- The Fairies ★ 9.13 Rating (2199 votes)
- Willow Creek ★ 9.13 Rating (534 votes)
- The Systelien Specter ★ 9.12 Rating (2059 votes)
Kuchisake-Onna is the legend of a Japanese woman, mutilated by her jealous samurai husband who murdered her for infidelity scarring her horribly and leaving her repulsive.
Her jealous Ghost still haunts places in Japan, usually on foggy nights, wearing a surgical mask when she will approach people and ask shyly: “Watashi kirei?” (Am i beautiful?) The person usually responds, yes.
She then pulls down her mask to reveal an ear to ear grin, cut by her jealous husband to mar her for her life. “Even like this?” she will persist. If you answer no. She will take a pair of scissors, and cut the same gruesome smile into your own face. If you answer yes, she will disappear, and the second you go home will reappear at your door and finish the job.
The only way of confusing Kuchisake-Onna is to say: You are average, which will confuse this mysterious Onryo. Or to present her with hard amber candy, or say ‘Pomade’ six times will shall make her flee.
She has been seen from the 1970’s til the early 2000’s, often seen lurking near children whose innocent answer of yes when asked if she is ugly, will lead to their deaths.