Advertisement
Please wait...

Karma



Estimated reading time — 5 minutes

Entry 1
I made a terrible mistake. I thought I was just paranoid, but now I know it’s following me. It’s never going to let me forget about one stupid mistake.

I’m not sure what “it” looks like. The only name I can call it is Karma. I thought it would protect me… I was wrong.

Let’s start from the beginning. There’s a rarely heard of ritual, called the Judgement of Karma. For reasons you’ll come to understand, I can’t describe the ritual in writing. It’s far too dangerous.

I was told of this ritual. The basic myth of it is, after you perform this simple ritual Karma will judge you. If it decides you are a truly good person, it shall make your life a paradise, otherwise… Well that’s why I’m writing.

It must’ve been a mistake. I really am a good person, or so I thought. I thought the ritual simply didn’t work but it became apparent fast that I was cursed. As soon as I finished the ritual and fled home I found my beloved dog had been sliced open and had been laid out in my bed. I prayed to gods I didn’t even believe in that this was the work of a regular human being.

So far, I haven’t been able to sleep in three days, regardless of how many sedatives I take. Every time I look out the window or at a mirror, in the corner of my eye I see a dark figure for a split second, then as soon as I try to focus on it, it disappears.

I hope writing this can help in some way. So far it’s at least calmed my nerves. Okay that’s enough writing for today.

Entry 2
I can’t go to sleep. When I sleep it plans to kill me in ways so terrible I can’t describe it. I almost fell asleep last night, my eyes were shut for 5 seconds. When I opened them I saw it! Karma was right in front of my eyes. It takes the form of a small boy with messy brown hair and wears poorly sewn together black rags from neck to toe. Also, it’s- or HIS mouth had been sewn shut for reasons I don’t want to know and he had a look of shock and hatred in his tiny green eyes.

As soon as I had looked up at him and had his image permanently scarred into my mind he seemed to disappear. Frightened, I noticed a sharp pain up and down the skin of my entire body. I rushed to the mirror and found bleeding scratches that appeared to be from human fingernails all over my abdomen, back and legs.

Advertisements

Entry 3
This is day five without sleep. To keep from falling into the trap of sleep I’ve been taking adrenal energy pills and getting lots of caffein. I’ve began to get tired so I’ve started the habit of making small cuts on my arm with the blade from a box cutter, each a centimeter from the previous one on on my forearm each time I dose off. So far there are 8 cuts.

I’ve been locked in my house ever since yesterday when I shopped for the supplies to keep me awake. If I go outside I might accidentally share my misfortune with others. As far as the legend goes, anybody who concerns themselves by learning what the results of my endeavor may become judged by Karma. That is why when I’ve finished writing I plan to burn my house down along with my computer, so what I’ve written can never come in contact with the Internet.

I hear somebody at the door…

Entry 4
I’ve lost track of day and night. Last night(I think it was last night) I duct taped all my doors and windows so he can’t watch me. I also took all the mirrors in my house and threw them into a large pile in the back yard before barricading my back door.

I got very tired today and the cuts that now cover my left forearm weren’t helping. So, I put an empty pan on the stove and kept the fire burning, then I took a butcher knife from my kitchen and sliced off the pinky toe from my left foot. Then I pressed the hot pan against the wound to stop the bleeding. This was a small sacrifice to keep my life.

Entry 5
He spoke to me. I can hear it whisper through the house. It speaks of a life before it was what it is. It was a tortured soul. At a very young age whoever was raising him began to torture him in awful ways. They would whip him and sew his mouth shut. Every time he would sleep they would beat him in new and more painful ways. To this day he seeks revenge on every person who deserves it.

Advertisements

I don’t know why he told me these things but I actually feel bad for that thing. That may be his point.

I’ve been awake for as long as I can remember. I’ve cut off all of my toes and the last three fingers on my left hand. I’ve burnt all the stumps to stop the bleeding, of course.

Entry 6
I found it difficult to cut off my left foot. It was probably the most painful thing I’ve ever felt, but at least I won’t sleep.

I’m shaking as I’m writing this. Fortunately, I’ve always obsessed over grammar so even that can’t stop my writing.

Recently, I noticed cuts along my lips that weren’t there before. I think he did it while I wasn’t paying attention. I think the worst thing about not sleeping is never having anything to focus on other than harming myself to stay awake…

Entry 7
I can’t believe I’ve gone this long without sleeping… I can’t believe it… I can’t believe it… This shouldn’t be medically possible.

Advertisements

Entry 8
I can’t stop seeing it everywhere I look. I keep hearing it scream from below me even though I don’t have a basement… But what’s new is, I hear somebody screaming threats back at it. It’s the voice of an adult, probably the person who put him through this.

I’m done. I’ve covered the floor of my house with lighter fluid. I wont give him the satisfaction of killing me. This is my final entry. When I finish writing this, I plan to burn my house down.

Psychiatric evaluation, Dr. Henry Rogue.
Patient suffers from an advanced state of psychosis and the worst case of insomnia I’ve ever seen. He has self inflicted wounds covering his left arm and has cut off his left foot, all of his toes on his right foot, and all of the fingers on his right hand. It would appear that this was brought on by very serious post traumatic stress disorder. His previous psychiatric files show that he was tortured as a child by his parents (which explained the aged whip lash scars on his abdomen, back and legs, and the scars on his lips from where they were once sewn up) until he was forced to kill them. He kept looking straight past me with those shocked green eyes of his and saying “Karma will make me pay.”


Personal note, Dr. Henry Rogue,
The patient’s computer was found in the wreckage of the fire. I’ve read over a file of entries he wrote during the course of his lack of sleep. The things I’ve found out have shocked me. I’m going to send the file to some colleagues of mine to help me decide what I should do.

PS: since reading that file, there have been disturbing coincidences happening to me. I’m afraid to sleep.

Credit To: Sean

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

72 thoughts on “Karma”

  1. So… I scrolled through the comments looking for someone’s explanation of this story but didn’t find anything. So here’s what I think: Either “Karma” punishes the person by making them relive horrible things or the guy was so scarred from what happened to him as a kid that he went insane and was imagining the whole thing. But I’m still kind of confused. If the main character got tortured by his parents when he was a kid then why would karma be punishing him? He was the victim. Unless he did something bad later but nothing is mentioned in the story so I would assume he didn’t. So this leads me to believe that it was really all in his head but then I don’t understand why he wouldn’t recognize himself as a child.
    Also, I agree with some other comments; the doctor’s line at the end was cliché and kind of ruined it. But overall, I did like the story. Wish it was a little longer and more explanatory at the end. But I guess a story that really makes you think is good too.

  2. An avid pasta consumer

    There were some minor errors in grammar and punctuation(grammar nazi alert!) but overall it was a delectable pasta. I mostly liked the way that you wrote the pasta in and also the twist ending at the end. Overall I would give you an 8.5/10.
    P.s.- it would have been better more description was included.

  3. I’m sorry, but this is just riddled with painful clichés and inconsistencies. I understand this is your first pasta, but it’s just juvenile. First off, if a person’s dog is slaughtered, they don’t just hope that a person and not a spirit did it, it’s just silly. The only foreseeable exception in my mind would be if you had already spent a reasonable amount of time developing your story in the right way before coming to that event, and that way it would sound more reasonable to the reader. There are other things I’d like to point out, but right now I just don’t have the time, I don’t think. What with the cringey overuse of elipses to try and create dramatic effect, and the apparently easy access to sedatives and energy-boosting drugs. Actually, screw it, I’ll take the time to point this out. That’s another thing, what is the protagonist’s background? How old is he? Is he a doctor? If not, is one of his parents a doctor? Does he have a prescription for all these drugs? It’s difficult to tell a story when you don’t even tell about the main character. And when he is shocked at how long they’ve been awake, it’d give the reader some context if you told how long they’d been awake. I don’t mean this in spite, not by any means. But for the sake of your potential future as a writer, there are things that seriously need to be addressed and revised. Now on the other hand, you have an interesting premise. If you took the time to give it more background information and write about the character’s performance of the ritual, the audience would be more interested in the story because a good, detailed plot will give readers an investment in your story. People enjoy good stories because the three-dimensionality makes the world within that story feel like it’s really happened, or could happen. And in the end, isn’t that one of the main points of creepypasta? To scare people with that, “It could happen” feeling? Anyway if you read this, try not to take it to heart. At the end of the day I’m just offering ways you can improve your writing.

  4. Man… I had to read this last night before bed lol worst sleep ever. But the crazy thing is, I landed a job this morning. Karma was kind to me, perhaps?

  5. @CMT I disagree with the rule where “it’s” doesn’t work, because”it” shouldn’t be able to defy the laws of other nouns, if the noun is possessive, I use an apostrophe. Because I disagree, so does the narrator.

    1. So I guess you write “me’s” instead of “my” and “you’s” instead of “your”.
      With very few exceptions, not triggered here, “it” is a pronoun, not a noun, so the poor thing is not defying anything by being “its” in its related possessive form.

  6. Someone who claims to be obsessed by grammar shouldn’t write “it’s” instead of “its”.
    Aside from that, nice story, although I should point out that cutting away a part of you and then searing the wound is more likely to make you faint than to keep you awake.
    As someone said, the last lines ruined the ending. I would have stopped at the first psychiatrist note.

  7. SomethingWitty

    Holy crap that was fucking great, I believe in karma but this just gave me a whole new view of it. 10/10! great job, I hardly believe it’s your first!

  8. really good, I just think the ending would have been better if it turned out the guy was actually insane and imagined the karma demon. but whatever, just a personal preference. still a really good story.

  9. 10/10 Would order again. Delicious pasta, can’t believe it’s your first. Maybe I should start writing?

    Keep writing, my friend!

    1. GhostOfSevenEchoes

      Registered an account just to respond to a three year old post full of ignorance. Speaking as a medical professional working in the inpatient psych/addiction setting, I find your post ridiculous. There are hundreds of thousands of perfectly good people out there who suffer from various mental illnesses that compel to self harm. **News flash** Loads of them get down on their knees every day and beg for mercy and an end to their suffering.

      Please, check your ignorance at the door before posting any such additional nonsense.

  10. He says he can’t describe the ritual because it’s too dangerous, but he says he’s going to burn his computer anyway so no one can read what he wrote, and anyway it turns out that you don’t have to do the ritual to be judged by Karma, you just have to read about him. It doesn’t add up.

    1. He also comments that just reading about his endeavors may cause you to be judged by Karma as well.

      It adds up perfectly.

  11. Loved it. I love the layout. Any time a pasta has an entry layout or time stamps I expect good things. Keep it up. 9/10

  12. This made me think of Stephen King’s “Suvior Type”. Considering I think Mr. King is the BOMB, that’s a pretty big compliment :) Keep writing!

  13. Very good, must be one of the best creepypastas I’ve read in a while !
    The part that unnerves me the most is that he cut off his foot.
    HIS ENTIRE FOOT.
    Dayum!
    Very good, though. 10/10.

  14. “Fortunately, I’ve always obsessed over grammar so even that can’t stop my writing.”

    No. NEVER claim to be obsessed with grammar if your story is going to contain typos and poor sentence structure.

    Overall, this one just didn’t do it for me. Next time, maybe try something a bit more original?

  15. I was think you did an amazing job, writing this Sean. I can’t believe this was your very first story. You have a natural talent. Karma is scary, clever, and is very twisted, in every way. i am so impressed. I cant wait to read more. What kind of creation will come from your imagination next? Go turn off your t.v. and start writing. 10 stars

  16. That, my friends, was a delicious pasta. A poor, tortured soul that unleashed a hideous beast from his mind-…a monster which exists within your own psyche will always be scarier than one that exists in the physical world. Unless, you know, it becomes real and starts killing shit. :) 9/10

  17. Meh. Torturepastas don’t do much for me.

    THAT BEING SAID, now that I read this, I can’t wait for Karma to “make my life a paradise.” I knew being a good person would pay off! :D

    1. I disagree it was written quite well, it doesn’t imply that someone is going to read it as he is just writing it to try and keep his sanity, that is how I felt about it, I may be wrong but I really enjoyed this, 10/10 for it, would like to see anymore you may have written

    2. I like it. My interpretation is that under the illusion that this ritual gave him, he actually judged himself, and since in the back of his mind he has not been the “good” person that he wanted to be, his own sub-conscious is creating these illusions to make him suffer.

    3. Sometimes when I’m writing I state obvious things just because I want to get the thoughts out of my head. So perhaps he was just trying to release the thought hoping no one would ever read it.

    4. little miss black cat

      Dude, you did a very good job, not just giving me chills, but, taking my sleep away for, oh, I don’t know, a week, or two. Anyhow great job

    5. Sean: I love the pasta and were I can find more of your work?
      Hello, I wrote this pasta. It’s my first pasta and I’d like to know your opinions.

    6. Nice Pasta. Kinda effs with your head like it should.
      Considering we read those notes like the doctor did………

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top