Advertisement
Please wait...

It Comes at Night



Estimated reading time — 7 minutes

Maybe you’ve seen what I’ve seen… Probably, you haven’t, but just maybe you have. Either way, I know what I’ve seen, and that’s what matters most, as far as I’m concerned. Believe what you will, I’ve never cared about that part of things before. I know it’s out there, and you should too, in case it decides you’re next.

I have no recollection of when the first time I saw it was… as far as I can remember, it was always there. I do know that it first started while living with my grandparents, but actually nailing down when its first appearance was is a bit difficult. We (my little sister and I) were taken into state custody when I was 4 and were finally returned to our mother a month after my 10th birthday. I can honestly say, those years where probably the best of my childhood. But everything has a price, and the price for those years of bliss always came at night.

I remember the first time I saw it. I was woken out of a dead sleep one night. I couldn’t figure out what woke me, and I sort of laid there in a groggy stupor, trying to gain my bearings. I quickly noticed the urge to pee, so I got up, walked the 5 steps or so it took to go from my bedroom to the bathroom and did my business.

As I returned to my bedroom, I froze in the doorway. I scanned my room, a feeling a dread slowly welling up inside my small, child frame. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, I shrugged it off and climbed back into bed. See, I’ve always had the habit of falling asleep to horror movies or scary shows (usually Tales from the Crypt), so I chalked it up to a vividly wild imagination and that damned Crypt-Keeper.

As the toilet ceased filling it’s tank and the hissing of running water died out and eventually went mute, I noticed a distinct tapping noise. It sounded like a dog’s nails on hardwood floor… Except the dogs were all asleep, in the front yard, and our floors were carpeted. I was shaken by the noise for a second, but quickly tried to reason in my young mind that I was hearing things, all fueled by my addiction to scary shit. So I pulled my pillow over my head and tried to go back to sleep. That’s when the tapping got louder, and it’s tone changed. It no longer sounded like dog nails on hardwood. It sounded like fingernails tapping on glass. And it sounded like it was coming from above me. Coming from my bedroom window.

Tentatively, I pulled the pillow from my head and slowly shifted my gaze to the window. What I saw chilled me to the bone. Red eyes glared at me from the other side of the window, malevolence bleeding from them like a stuck pig. Sharp fangs lined a pair of lips that were pulled back like a snarling tiger. It’s face was covered with short black fur and it had a pair of twisted horns sprouting from its forehead. I could make out the shadow of huge, leathery wings, coming off its back. When it caught my stare, it’s snarl quickly shifted to the most evil grin I could possibly fathom.

I was paralyzed as soon as I made eye contact, and in my head I could hear a strange, deep, gravelly voice speaking to me, but the language I didn’t and still don’t know. All I know is it sounded ancient and felt cruel. I don’t know how long we stayed that way, but all of a sudden, I was able to break my stare and immediately screamed like a little girl.

“Jon, Jon! What’s wrong???” my grandmother pleaded with me when she entered my room. I just sat there, blubbering like a baby, pointing at my window, and occasionally letting out an indecipherable squeak as I struggled to regain my composure and remember how to speak.

“The devil is on the roof,” I was finally able to say.

Advertisements

Now, before I continue, I must explain. I have always been agnostic. I absolutely believe there is a higher power, though I refuse to label it/him/her/they with any conventional names. A name is simply a way to identify someone, and we should be able to identify the higher power on a spiritual level. Just my belief. I DO NOT believe in the devil. Just a scapegoat for the ugly side of humanity. Again, just my belief.

“The devil is on the roof.” I repeated after Grandma gave me a quizzical look.

“Jon, you were dreaming. I keep telling you to stop watching those stories before bed. This is why… You just had a very vivid nightmare is all.”

I wanted so badly to believe Grandma, but I knew what I had seen. Still, I laid back down and Grandma sat in there with me until I was asleep again. I woke up to a bright morning and no more incidents…

The next night, I’m lying in bed, watching, you guessed it, Tales from the Crypt, when I hear the tapping again. This time I know it’s not a nightmare, as I still haven’t fallen asleep yet. I tried to ignore it, but the tapping got increasingly louder the longer I resisted. I was afraid the damn thing was going to break the window, and in my fear, I quickly glanced toward the window.

As soon as my eyes landed upon its horrible visage, I was frozen in place again. This time, the voice either spoke in English, or it gave me some way to understand it, but I clearly heard it say, “Come with me. You have been forsaken. We will never forsake you.”

“We? Who the heck is we?” I thought to myself.

“We are many. We are one. We are here for you. And we aren’t leaving without you.” It responded, and that’s when I realized it could hear my thoughts. “We can do more than just hear your thoughts. We can watch your memories. We can taste your fear.”

Advertisements

And with that, I felt a horrid pain in my head, my vision flared stark white, shifted to bright crimson, and finally faded to black as I lost consciousness.

I awoke lying on my floor in the fetal position, although the last I could remember I had been laying on my back in my bed, having a telepathic conversation with what I truly believed to be a demon. I was soaked in sweat and was shivering uncontrollably. I pulled myself off the floor and wobbled to the bathroom. I stripped out of my sweat-drenched clothes, climbed in a shower and just let the hot water run over me, warming my still chilled flesh and bones.

I didn’t feel like me… It’s hard to explain, but I was an energetic, happy, exuberant little boy… That morning, however, I felt a dark, brooding energy hanging over me. I didn’t want to be around people, and even though it was starting to terrify me at night, I didn’t want to leave my bedroom all that day.

This continued nightly. Every night I would either be awoken, or summoned to look, by a persistent tapping on my window. And when I finally would look, I’d get locked into the trance like state that instigated our mental exchanges. And every day I’d become more and more introverted.

One particularly hot summer night, I woke up to an entirely new sound. The tapping had been replaced by a scratching sound. As I slowly opened my eyes, I felt a draft come through my open window.

WHO OPENED MY WINDOW?!? And then I remembered… I remembered my Grandma coming into my room and saying how hot it was. I remembered begging her not to open the window. And her begrudgingly agreeing to leave it closed.

She must have opened it when I fell asleep… And the scratching continued, louder, closer to my head.

Advertisements

“Come with me.” The gravelly voice, but this time it was audible. I hadn’t looked toward my window, using every ounce of willpower I could muster in the hopes of avoiding that trance like state. But the shock of actually hearing that voice with my own ears was enough to snap my head around out of surprise, my eyes immediately fixating upon this beast that tormented me nightly.

It opened its mouth and a barbed, forked tongue slithered out and flicked the air like a snake. It reached an unproportioned, sinewy arm covered in short, black bristles through my window, and tried to grab at me. In the process, it broke our stare, and I was able to look from the window and move my body again. As I lunged off my bed and toward the door, one of its razor sharp (who knew?) claws sunk deep into the meat of my shoulder. I screamed out in sheer agony as its claw tore through skin and muscle, splashing blood across my bedding and one of the walls.

Grandma came running to my room, opened the door, and froze. I don’t know if it was the blood, the beast, a combination of the two, or something else entirely, but she too let out a scream. I heard the hard flap of leathery wings and felt a hard breeze push against my back from the window. Grandpa arrived at my bedroom door, glanced around the room, saw the gore on the bed and wall and immediately had me up in his arms, rushing me to the truck and then rushing to the hospital.

The doctor said I must have snagged my shoulder on a nail in my sleep, but couldn’t understand how I could get cut so long, deep and with such a “clean” cut from a nail. 14 stitches in my shoulder, a tetanus shot, and we were sent home with a preventative antibiotic to keep my shoulder from getting infected.

That was the last time I ever saw that thing. I know it exists. What it is, I don’t know. What it wanted though, seems clear. It wanted me.

Occasionally, I’ll still here a tapping on my window, like fingernails on glass, despite it being over 20 years since the incident I just wrote about. My skin crawls and my blood runs cold when I hear it. But I keep not only the window closed, but the blinds stay closed at night too, just to be sure that I’ll never get caught by its hypnotic stare again, never hear that horrible voice playing around inside my brain again.

It’s out there, right now, looking for victims. This much I know for sure… Because, some nights, after I’ve fallen asleep, I’ll dream things. I’ll be gliding over houses, and land on the roof of one. I’ll lean over the edge of the roof and tap on the window with claws that are clearly not mine. And then I’ll hear, clear as day, MY voice purring, “Come with me.” before my eyes snap open and I wake up…

Credit: Jon P.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

58 thoughts on “It Comes at Night”

  1. Hey jon, i kinda dont know if it is coinsodence or not. But that thing, ive seen it. You described it word for word. I saw it when i was 4 or 5, which was 12 or 13 years ago. Way before i knew creepypastas existed. I was wondering if you remember looking in a window at two boys, and being looked at. If you dont thats fine, but im still interested. If you need to get ahold of me email me at [email protected]
    And it was a great and creepy story. Im glad i read it.
    Note: i wont use my real name on here since i sound like im crazy

  2. Is it odd that i actually remember seeing a creature described exactly the same when i was lil? I know creepypastas are ment to scare you but this was way before i had access to stuff like this. I got chills as i remembered its eyes

  3. I really enjoyed this one however…

    The description of the beast felt a little too… cookie cutter for me. Black, sorta hairy, horns, long fangs and nails. I can’t help but either think of the stereotypical demon or Where the Wild Things Are on drugs.

    But I really enjoyed your writing and where this went.

    1. Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I’m glad that the description created at least some form of imagery to you! Stay tuned, I have more ready for submissions to open again, though they’re fiction, so we’ll see how well they do. Again, thank you!

  4. Brandon April Fields

    Honestly, I don’t see grammar being an issue. Ok, so the grammar is not perfect but I read the whole thing without tripping up and not understanding what he was trying to say. I enjoyed it. Very similar to experiences that some people actually have had. Although I have never really heard of an actual beast in its physical form staring at someone through a window or a devil flying from rooftop to rooftop, I have heard of voices being heard in someones mind and demonic entities that control your thoughts. Very nicely thought out!

    1. Thanks for the comments! I’m not sure if you’re subtlety saying that you don’t believe this to be a true story, but I would just like to say that beasts and demons flying from rooftop to rooftop have been reported to have been seen for centuries… The biggest one that comes to mind for me would be the Jersey Devil. Not to say that this thing was the Jersey Devil, since I was born, raised, and still live on the west coast. Another instance would be the mothman. Very well documented to be seen near and prior to tragic, and often catastrophic, events. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

  5. Thanks for your input! I’m sorry you couldn’t get into my account of events, however I am glad that you enjoyed it overall. It could very easily be, as you said, my writing style that threw you off, and for that all I can say is this is my first time EVER writing anything to be read and critiqued by any mass of people outside my family and friends. I most definitely feel that, in time, I’ll shrug off my bad writing habits. Ellipses I use very frequently throughout all forms of writing I do (email, text, FB, etc), but I am working on ditching those, too. Again, thanks for your input!

  6. I liked this overall. I, unlike most can see why you mentioned your agnosticism; the way I took it was you had no reason to dream about a creature you did not believe in and yet here you were, confronted by an entity that you could only describe as a devil/demon. This makes it more powerful, you were experiencing something you did not even acknowledge as real and it terrified you. If this is what you were trying to convey then perhaps reword that part rather than omit it completely?

    I think you’ve made a great start on your career as a writer, yes there is some room for improvement but that will come with time hopefully. I would say the reason I give this a 7 and not more is because I feel it had the potential to be even more creepy, you have a good premise, but your delivery needs tweaking for full effect. I’m sure that you’ll execute that in time. Well done!

    1. Thanks for the input! It’s quite a relief that someone understands why I felt compelled to write the paragraph about my agnosticism. I was really thinking it needed a full redaction of that segment, but rewording it seems the better option now. I’d just like to say, while the story may have had potential to be more creepy, my reason for writing this was to relay a true event in my life in the most factual way I could; not to scare, but to inform. Nothing in this is purely fictitious, however there is some very slight exaggeration. Again, thanks for your input! It means quite a bit to me.

      1. You’re welcome and I’m glad you’ll be keeping the agnostic element in because it is pertinent.
        Fair enough, if this was to relay a true event overall, you succeeded in doing that and it’s incredibly fascinating, it would be so interesting to discuss something like this, I’ve experienced my fair share of the supernatural too and it fascinates me! Thanks for sharing and I look forward to reading more from you. :D

    1. Mostly, yes. Some slight exaggeration, but you’d be surprised just how little of it is exaggerated. None of it is purely false in nature, that much I can promise you.

  7. Millennium Falcon

    Jon, that’s a really scary experience you had during your childhood… And how come you still hear the tapping as well as those voices, even after so many years?

    Hope you are doing much better than before, God bless!

    9/10

    1. I don’t hear it’s voice anymore, not since the last time I saw it… As for still hearing tapping on the window some nights, I don’t know. Is it at the window, or am I tripping? I’ll tell you what I DO know. I’m not about to open the blinds to find out!

  8. I didn’t realize this was a personal account. I’m glad you had your grandparents. My family took in foster children for a long time and I’ve seen first hand what that can do to a kid, even when they are placed in a good home. Thanks again for a fantastic read :)

  9. I enjoyed this, but I wish you left out the last paragraph. The agnostic part was weird as well. It just didn’t really add anything to the story, and being that you were only a child when this happened, I doubt you had any super serious thoughts about religion. The beginning backstory is a bit strange as well, and when you said “those were the happiest times in my life” (or something along those lines) I was a bit confused at what times you were talking about. Besides all this, it was still a pretty good pasta!

    1. I’ve addressed the first paragraph in length in a prior response to a comment that almost exactly mirrors what you’ve just written. I made the mistake of thinking the way the foster care system works to be public knowledge. As for the paragraph about being agnostic, I’ve always had spiritual beliefs that fall outside the realms of conventional religion, despite being raised by 2 highly religious grandparents and a Mormon mother. It felt necessary to me to inform people that me saying this creature was the devil would only come in times of pure, abject, terror. I added the last paragraph because it is, indeed, the only lingering remnants of these events, and they still continue to this day.

  10. Sorry it wasn’t to your taste… Fortunately, you’re in the minority, lol. I’m sure that you can find something here that IS to your liking though. :-)

  11. More proof reading next time, lol! I typed this up on my tablet, so it’s possible that the predictive text changed it while I was typing, but I should’ve noticed on proof reading. Thanks for the input!

    1. Arka Chakraborty

      This is a wonderful pasta Jon. I really like how you can connect with the audience through your writing style! In fact, I was going through some pastas to read for Chilling Tales for Dark Nights’ Evil Idol voice acting competition, where I am a competitor. I would really love to read this story, as I feel this is a story that would really suit my style of narration. I hope you give me permission to use this story! You would be duly credited as well! Do let me know what you think!

      1. Hello! I’m sooooo sorry for the late response, and I do hope that I’m in time, as I would be honoured for you to use my story for your competition, and am deeply honoured that you thought of my story as a fit as it is anyway. If I did indeed miss your deadline, again I apologize, and I hope you found a suitable piece that you were able to use. Please do let me know how it turns/turned out, and again, thank you for the honor.

        1. Arka Chakraborty

          Hey Jon. Sorry, but yeah I just had to select another story because, quite naturally, I had a deadline like everyone else in the competition. :P. But hey, I like your story a lot. And I might use it in the rounds to come. I am saying ‘might’ just because it is a competition, where views and feedback from the audience needs to be given priority over personal choices, which is a very important thing to move forward in the competition. No matter what happens during the competition, please know that I am definitely going to narrate your story! I am planning to launch my own channel and be sure that I am going to use your story there. I have plans to make it into a radio theater adaptation, which is gonna sound awesome IMO. Will surely keep in touch. Do give me an alternate contact of yours, which you access frequently, if you can. That way, I think we can keep in touch better.

    1. It seemed the only befitting word to describe this thing that was tormenting my nights as a child. If there were anything more fitting, well, I was under 10 years old, so there’s that. I simply relayed my story to the best of my memory(which happens to be quite good in regards to that first encounter). Glad you liked the story! Thanks for the input!

  12. I enjoyed it overall, but there were two parts that threw me out of the story. One, you repeatedly said you couldn’t remember when you started seeing this demon in your background description, and then start the actual story with “I remember the first time I saw it.” I don’t know if you mean you don’t remember the exact day, but you DO remember the first time you actually saw it, which is kind of weird, or if it was just an oversight. Second, the fact that you are agnostic has no relevance to the story itself, so using a paragraph to explain this was a bit jarring and took me out of the story. But, like I said, I enjoyed it overall, and I do like reading creepy child stories that were never “resolved”. Good job, just a little bit of trimming and editing to really make the story flow, and you’ve got a winner!

  13. This was good. Really good. A few typos and grammar-mistakes throughout, but nothing terrible.

    Very few of the creepypastas out there is acctually creepy or scary, this one doesn’t change that, but it was a good story and a kind of fresh angle to this genre of pastas. The description of the demon was well written and for me gave me a view of classic demon-looks. Felt good, as most pastas nowadays tries so hard to be original that they just feel rediculous.

    Good job.

  14. As the author of this story, I want to say thank you for any/all reviews. This is my first attempt at writing anything for the public, so any grammatical errors, I apologize. I wrote this at roughly 2am while fighting with my insomnia, so I don’t expect it to be error free. Simply relaying the terror of my youth. If you offer constructive criticism, that’s great. If you’re just bitching for the sake of bitching… Well, bitch away. Just know, this is but the first of many stories I’ll be submitting, so you’ll probably read more. Let the BitchFest begin! :-P

  15. I actually really liked this. It clearly needs an edit, but other commentors have already mentioned most of the issues, so I won’t repeat them. The only other thing that caught me as odd was the backstory… the narrator was taken into state custody at 4 and returned to his parents at 10, but it never mentions when he lived with his grandparents, which is when the story takes place, so it would be nice to place it in time. The comment about the best years of his childhood is also difficult to place–was it while he was with his grandparents, in state custody, or with his parents? A bit of rephrasing in that paragraph would clear up the confusion there.

    I loved the twist at the end. I especially love that the narrator seems to be in denial that he is actually one of them. That is… if I’m reading that right. Either way… I really enjoyed the read :)

  16. Nice! I could have done without the aside about your agnosticism (especially since your description is of deism and not agnosticism) as it added nothing to the story, but whatever. Good read!

    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I simply added the agnostic(deism) part because of the statement “the devil is on the roof”, since I’ve never believed in a devil, but it felt like the only befitting word to describe this thing. If I do an edit, I’ll be leaving that part out. It hasn’t been received well. Thanks for the input!

  17. This was a very creepy story! The writing style was very good and I liked the descriptions very much, especially how you described the demon. The build up was great. It gets you in the creepy atmosphere and makes you part of the story. I remember having shivers down my spine when the creature appeared for the first time. The ending was very good too. The fact that the narrator may have become one of the creatures himself is very scary. This pasta is perfect! 10/10 from me! Keep up the great work! I’m looking forward to read more of your work.

  18. “I have no recollection of when the first time I saw it was…” and then a few lines down, “I remember the first time I saw it,” y’all creepy pasta writers need a proof reading or two lol I swear

    1. No recollection chronologically. The first encounter itself, however, is a very vivid memory. Hope that helps clear that up for you!

    1. Could you please extrapolate? The criticism will help me in future writing endeavors. Thanks for the input!

      1. I’m about to break my own longest comment record here… And Word is so much better for this type of thing, but I’ll try to break down the punctuation issues (for the most part). It should be noted that I am NOT an expert. I’ll break it down by paragraph.

        “Maybe you’ve seen what I’ve seen… Probably, you haven’t, but just maybe you have. Either way, I know what I’ve seen, and that’s what matters most, as far as I’m concerned. Believe what you will, I’ve never cared about that part of things before. I know it’s out there, and you should too, in case it decides you’re next.”
        ****Switch “Probably” with “you” and you can ditch one comma (which doesn’t belong there anyway) and do away with awkward phrasing. There is no need for a comma before the word “and” unless you’re making use of the oxford comma in a list. A period instead of a comma after “Believe what you will.” Again, ditch the comma before the word “and.” Instead of a comma after “and you should too,” consider a semicolon.

        “I have no recollection of when the first time I saw it was… as far as I can remember, it was always there. I do know that it first started while living with my grandparents, but actually nailing down when its first appearance was is a bit difficult. We (my little sister and I) were taken into state custody when I was 4 and were finally returned to our mother a month after my 10th birthday. I can honestly say, those years where probably the best of my childhood. But everything has a price, and the price for those years of bliss always came at night.”
        *****Many people have trouble with ellipses… personally, I tend to use them quite a bit in my own writing. Again, please refrain from that pesky comma preceding the word “and.”

        “I remember the first time I saw it. I was woken out of a dead sleep one night. I couldn’t figure out what woke me, and I sort of laid there in a groggy stupor, trying to gain my bearings. I quickly noticed the urge to pee, so I got up, walked the 5 steps or so it took to go from my bedroom to the bathroom and did my business.”
        ****Comma before the word “and” again. Consider rephrasing this entire paragraph to eliminate the overuse of commas.

        “As I returned to my bedroom, I froze in the doorway. I scanned my room, a feeling a dread slowly welling up inside my small, child frame. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary, I shrugged it off and climbed back into bed. See, I’ve always had the habit of falling asleep to horror movies or scary shows (usually Tales from the Crypt), so I chalked it up to a vividly wild imagination and that damned Crypt-Keeper.”
        ****I’m sure you meant “feeling OF dread.” That looks like a classic typo. Take the comma out separating “small” and “child.” I see what you were trying to do there, but it makes for awkward phrasing.

        “As the toilet ceased filling it’s tank and the hissing of running water died out and eventually went mute, I noticed a distinct tapping noise. It sounded like a dog’s nails on hardwood floor… Except the dogs were all asleep, in the front yard, and our floors were carpeted. I was shaken by the noise for a second, but quickly tried to reason in my young mind that I was hearing things, all fueled by my addiction to scary shit. So I pulled my pillow over my head and tried to go back to sleep. That’s when the tapping got louder, and it’s tone changed. It no longer sounded like dog nails on hardwood. It sounded like fingernails tapping on glass. And it sounded like it was coming from above me. Coming from my bedroom window.”
        ****Take out the commas before and after “in the front yard.” The sentence “I was shaken by the noise for a second, but quickly tried to reason in my young mind that I was hearing things, all fueled by my addiction to scary shit.” is a run-on. Again, remove the comma before the word “and.” Try not to begin sentences with the word “and.” The sentence “Coming from my bedroom window” is a fragment.

        “Tentatively, I pulled the pillow from my head and slowly shifted my gaze to the window. What I saw chilled me to the bone. Red eyes glared at me from the other side of the window, malevolence bleeding from them like a stuck pig. Sharp fangs lined a pair of lips that were pulled back like a snarling tiger. It’s face was covered with short black fur and it had a pair of twisted horns sprouting from its forehead. I could make out the shadow of huge, leathery wings, coming off its back. When it caught my stare, it’s snarl quickly shifted to the most evil grin I could possibly fathom.”
        ****You’ve got both passive and active voice in the first sentence here, making it awkward. Remove all of the commas in “huge leathery wings coming off its back.” Read aloud to yourself or someone else and you’ll see what I mean.

        ***I’ve only gotten through about half of your pasta, but I hope it was enough to answer some of your questions. Many of your punctuation and grammar errors are common and just take practice to nail down. You have talent and a drive to improve, so after some time I’m sure it’ll all become second nature. Keep writing, please! I would LOVE to see more of your work. :)

        1. Great comments on grammar! However, as a friendly note, you do need to have commas before “and” (as well as other conjunctions) when joining two independent clauses. For example, “Jim went to the store, and he forgot the milk.” You could remove the comma if the sentence read “Jim went to the store and forgot the milk.” Either way, commas are sometime needed before “and” even when not used as Oxford commas. Quite a few of the examples you cited are, in fact, joining independent clauses and correct as written by the author. Not all, however. Again, just a friendly aside.

        2. Thank you for setting me straight :) As I mentioned, I am not an expert. I do greatly appreciate you taking the time to let me know where I went wrong there… especially since I was trying to help a fellow writer! I had the misfortune of having a wonderful English teacher who was NOT a fan of commas… and I absolutly hung on her every word, so it has taken me a very long time to extinguish some of the bad habits she instilled in me while retaining most of her otherwise invaluable knowledge.

        3. Thank you! Seriously, any help at all only furthers my capabilities as a competent writer. I value this feedback very much! As Katherine C said, there are places in this story where the commas are appropriate, however, I do see where some are not. Huge leathery wings was a fantastic example of unnecessary commas that broke the flow of the sentence. I plan to write and submit more, both on here and possibly another site so that I can compile stories that get a good reception. I truly love reading and writing. Thank you again! I will put your feedback to good use!

  19. This story seemed a little rushed, I can’t really explain it that well, but it just felt like it was going too fast for my taste. It also rambled quite a bit, especially when he was talking about him being agnostic. I could see you were trying to add something to the creepypasta, but it just ended up becoming nothing more than filler. That ending was also unnecessary, throwing in the fact he is somehow “one of those creatures” without that much of an explanation. You got stabbed in the shoulder and I guess that “infected” him in some way. I think that’s what happened, but I might be wrong. It was still a good story, so I’ll give it a 7/10. Sorry that everything in this comment in mostly negative, I’m a lot better at criticising then I am at complementing. I usually leave the complements to the other commenters, but I do try and say a few things I like

    1. No, no infection, no turning into one of these things. Just simply that I have that dream some nights. I always snap awake right after I say “Come with me”, and I’m always in my bed. I think, maybe it somehow linked me mentally, but that’s simply a guess. I don’t honestly know why it went away, nor do I know why I have these dreams. I just feel like they’re more than just dreams. Hope that helps clear that up. Thanks for the input!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top