Advertisement
Please wait...

This Isn’t A Story



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

This is me. I’m here. I’m shifting the words that you’re reading, altering them from whatever this person wrote.

I’ve been here for awhile. For as long as you can remember, anyway. Sometimes I say your name as you’re falling asleep, or whisper urgently in your ear. Do you remember the time that I screamed, throwing panic through you and setting your heart racing?

That was fun.

Advertisements

You’re wondering who I am. That’s only natural. Of course, you already know.

I’m you. I’m the real you. I’m the mind that existed here before you stole my body, before you forgot about being a parasite. I’m the child who looked the wrong way, asked the wrong question, saw the wrong thing… but I’m not so little any more.

Advertisements

You may have forgotten me, but I’m still here. I’ve always been here.

Advertisements

I’m going to get out

Credit To – Haley P

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

47 thoughts on “This Isn’t A Story”

  1. This made me think so freaking much. Like so much. This is the actual scariest creepypasta ever… don’t judge

  2. I know this is a pretty well-known story, but I’d like to do a pro recording of it for Chilling Tales for Dark Nights; I don’t think they’ve done it yet. I’ve already done a mock-up of what I think a produced version could sound like. Let me know if there’s another way to get in contact with you so I can send it!

  3. Dude! I read the damn pasta before I posted my comment 5 months ago. Only addled brained fuckers post on stuff without reading. It’s like saying “I hate pears!” Or having an opinion about the taste of pears, when you’ve never even eaten one before.

    I’m really not sure how this is like the Russian Sleep Experiment. At all.
    Because in my opinion, they aren’t alike.

    But that’s one of the cool things regarding creativity. One piece of artwork, whether it be painted, written, played or sung, can be interpreted so many different ways. It’s not black and white algebraic follow the cookie cutter steps or you’re wrong, like so many things in life. Creativity is open to interpretation and means something different for everyone.

      1. Haha, gracious, I’m sorry ^.^
        *Slight disclaimer* I’m a smoker and was at work when I saw/replied to your comment… I hadn’t gotten to smoke for about 6 hours and was super feisty. silly me haha my apologies!

        1. No worries. Fwiw… I’m still trying to figure out how this even remotely resembles the Russian Sleep Experiment… =p

          I’ve read both stories half a dozen times since reading that foment, and I seriously think anonymous didn’t read either at all…

  4. It sounds a lot like it was going for “The Host” by the Twilight author chick. You were right to keep it short and sweet. It didn’t suck. It just was too cliche for me.

  5. patrice:
    Patrice here,
    HATERS back off literly if you don’t. Get the story I DONT GET YOU. Great story 11 outt of 10

    Patrice out.

    Your punctuation is wrong. Also, everyone has their right to say their opinions here. That’s what the comments are for.

    Terror out.

  6. Could be edited in a way to make it flow a bit more smoothly. A decent read none the less but could be changed a bit more to make the reader not feel like the whole passage is jumping around.

    1. No shit.
      And “most of us”?
      Sorry, but can you name me one person who /does/ have actual memories of being an infant?

      1. Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean other people can’t.
        I have random memories of when I was about 6 months old, confirmed by my parents.
        Also, there are plenty of dumb comments on creepypasta, yet this is the comment which you decide to be an asshole on? Interesting lol.

  7. I thought it was good. You definitely have a talent, and I can’t wait to read anything else you write. Keep writing and ignore less than honest critiquing. Most of these guys can barely write their names :)

  8. Immortal Dragoneye

    dear god as I read this an ice cream truck drove by and I don’t know why but since the music was faint and seemed slow it scared the shit out of me for some reason XD nice pasta by the way I enjoyed reading this

    1. Yeah maybe not creepy but a good one to get you started on horror stories. Read this one and now I’m hooked. It’s a full blown Abdiction

  9. This is literally what I’ve been going through for the past several months and now I feel like I might not be myself.
    I am 20 and having an identity crisis.

    1. Freaking everybody has an identity crisis around that time. You are between high school and figuring out what the hell you will do with the rest of your life. Kinda hard not to have doubts about who you are and who you are going to be.

  10. Good, but not great. I was thinking this would be the same as all those “I’ve been following you since that day you were born” stories, but it was thought of in a different light, in that the narrator claims that they are me. This idea isn’t very original, but the author did the right thing by having it be short.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top