Advertisement
Please wait...

Inspiration



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

It’s a writer’s worst nightmare.

The moment when you just couldn’t come up with anything, absolutely nothing, when the well of creativity dries up. It’s frustrating. Us writers call this menace writer’s block, it preys on us from the dark reaches of our minds; it is the killer of imagination.

I myself had experienced this annoyance on many occasion, but this one time I found a solution…

I had sat at my desk, fingers at the ready to tap away at my keyboard in order to spin elaborate tales out of my mind. Just as I pressed the first key I stopped myself. I had gone totally blank.

Nothing.

Frustration flourished throughout my body as I lost all thought processes. This had started to become a more common occurrence, I just couldn’t think.

Now what you didn’t know about me was that I adored the horror genre, the grisly, gory and downright sinister just appealed to me like a moth to light, and soon after taking my first dip into the dark area I began to write creepypasta. It seemed like a fun little hobby to distract me from the mundane nature of the real-world. I could envelop myself in these fantastical stories whenever I wanted. But recently, I had begun to fall short, the stories I submitted were never accepted, they got more cliché and much duller. I wasn’t proud of myself at all, I spent weeks questioning “What had happened? Where did my spark go?”. I would spend nights on end staring blankly into the wall opposite my writing desk, with not a single word to put onto paper.

To be honest; I grew angrier by the day. Then I realised I just needed some inspiration….yes, that’s exactly what I needed, something to rekindle my creative passion.

And I knew exactly how to get such inspiration for my little tales…

The next day, I began to enact my plan. I exited my house and walked briskly down the street, all around me was the bustling of every-day life; the busy chatter of passer-bys; the melodic rumble of traffic and the odd car horn or two.

I began to scope out my target, someone who would be…entertaining. Then I saw her in my peripheral, the sun combing her delicate brown hair, she seemed to be excitedly chattering away to her friend; a slightly taller but thin man with short cut blonde hair.

It was perfect. I stalked them for a while until they isolated themselves.

Haha. Big mistake.

There and then I took my chance, acting swiftly with purpose I bludgeoned the two of them over the head, there was a sickening crack as the metal pipe impacted their skulls. There I had them; my two pretty faces for my masterpiece of a story.

I dragged them to my nearby car and hastily stuffed them inside. I got in and began to drive at a concerning speed towards my house. It was almost dark when I pulled up, taking as little time as possible I pulled them from the car and sluggishly dragged them painfully slow into my garage.

Advertisements

Then I shut the door and waited for them to wake up.

It took hours, but eventually, the couple’s eyes flickered open like broken bulbs. I decided to greet them with a pleasant smile.

“Oh, good, you’re awake. I guess we’ll get started”

The couple stared at me with pale expressions, panic flaring in their eyes as they realised the restraints on their wrists.

“Now, don’t be flustered. I simply need something from you…some inspiration”

I glanced over at the corner of my garage at a single wooden table. On it was numerous playthings; tools.

Advertisements

I was surprised they didn’t struggle at the sight of these, I guess this is what they called shock. I ran my fingers over the tools, pondering on what to pick to begin my experience. I finally settled on a carving knife, the rusted edge just beckoned me.

“That’ll do, then.”

I began carving like a carpenter would working on a sculpture and I took pride in my work as I cut deep into the man’s exposed back. I was thoroughly enjoying myself. I moved onto my next dish, the woman. I smiled as I made the first incision, cutting into her soft, delicate skin. The knife cut through like butter and she gave off a soft whimper. I cut deeper and she wailed in agony, I continued and she continued to screech in a way that would outdo a banshee. I didn’t hear painful cries, I heard a sorrowful melody that pleased my ears.

Over the hours, I tested each toy on the both of them, the woman was the first to die; her mangled and mutilated corpse sat idly staring at the ceiling whilst the man clung desperately to the last shreds of his life. With one satisfying motion I sliced his throat, the warm liquid ran over my hands and with that, his body fell limp and lifeless.

My inspiration was over and I could already feel the effects. I had to began to fabricate elaborate plots and so I walked to my desk to begin writing.

And I couldn’t wait to submit this story.

Credit: Ryan Davies

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

10 thoughts on “Inspiration”

  1. No bad for a short pasta how ever it did seem rushed and gory just for the sake of being gory, even imaging everything in my head I never really got a creepy feeling from this, maybe if there was a bit more build up and a creepier ending like if you found out he wasn’t writing a creepy pasta but instead he was writing a children’s book, something along them lines would have giving me the creeps. just my opinion thought. 6 out 10

  2. So, let me start with the good:
    While there were (several) grammar and word choice errors, I thought that it wasn’t completely badly written. It was a step up (just a step, mind) from a Crappypasta sub.

    And the street scene at the beginning had nice imagery.

    And now the rest:
    1. This person has apparently never killed before. How is s/he so calm when abducting and torturing two people? I’m not even thinking morally–hey, maybe s/he’s a psychopath. But no concern over being caught or overpowered or seen or…? Also for a first time, there’s no internal exploration of the character’s thoughts as this is going on beyond the expository “this happened and then this happened..”

    2. Really, a lot of word choice errors. (eg: “us writers” should be “we writers”, or better yet, “for writers” and then a sentence about how the narrator *is* a writer.

    3. Pastas that end in “and then I wrote this pasta” are rarely anything other than cliched. Sure, sometimes it works. Not here, though.

    4. There’s not really a plot. It’s more along the lines of what a disturbed high schooler would write in his journal.

    5. There’s no time or character development between “crap, I have writer’s block!” and “Murder time!!!” It’s worse the Jeff the Killer, and that’s saying something. Maybe if you’d *shown* (not told) with examples of how the narrator had been published or had been praised or something, and then taken care to actually write the pasta well, this would have been a more effective motivation.

    6. Gore pastas aren’t creepy. But if you’re doing a gore pasta with nothing in it other than “I killed people” then at least go into detail in the gore.
    6.5. Actually just don’t submit gore pastas.

  3. Original and different, but I feel like it lacked a plot line or excitement. This is very much based on personal preference, but that’s just how I feel.

  4. Sue Ann:

    Please do know that I think this pasta was amazing. It was a little rushed in my opinion but absolutely amazing. I do look forward to seeing more of your pastas! Remember, it all flows naturally. Keep a good solid foundation and don’t let it trickle down. I do feel the story could have been a little more drawn out but even though (in my opinion) it was a little rushed it was absolutely brilliant.

  5. Dear Kash: Many years ago, one of my university professors informed me I could say whatever was necessary as long as I said it kindly. I thought the purpose of this site was to assist others to become more proficient writers. All I see in your comment are harsh words and an attempt at humor in your closing. I have four pastas I was going to submit, but if this is what writers can expect when they post, I believe I shall keep them to myself.

    1. I think the pasta was very nice. I feel the story could have had a longer intro, it was very good but it felt rushed. otherwise I think your story was absolutely amazing. Just a little bit too rushed in my opinion. Please do keep up the good work. I would like to see more of your tales. I promise I wasn’t trying to be mean when I said it was rushed, I guess in my opinion I like a story with a bit of a follow up. But again, please do keep but the good work and post more of your pastas. They are amazing!!

    2. Sue, do you think harsh words are an exception to criticism? If you’re gonna be a writer, you need as thick a skin as you have bones. Do not come out in public expecting a certain type of social behavior. You will get all kinds, and you are to take in all of them. This isn’t kindergarten.

      My criticism was every bit as fair game as any of the other comments you’ve received. Just because mine was negative does not invalidate it. Towards the end, you talked about what you’re expecting. I’m here to tell you that YES, absolutely expect harsh criticism.

      I did not feel like being kind to this story. But it would bode you well not to take it to heart. I did not like your pasta, and I said so. You are not entitled to softer words. Politeness is the norm, not the rule. You also can’t police the language that others may use. Your professor suggesting everything can be said kindly is basically saying certain words are off-limits. Are you saying that I’m not supposed to call your pasta amaterurish or undercooked? Who gave you that authority?

      In short, be graceful and take ALL criticism. Good or bad.

  6. Wow what a barebones, ill-conceived, tasteless, unoriginal, amateurish, undercooked pasta. So bad that I ran to my desk to begin typing.

    ….And I couldn’t wait to submit this comment.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top