Advertisement
Please wait...

I Am The Fish King



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

I am the fish king stalking the waters to fill you with fright
I am the fish king you’ll never leave my sight
I am the fish I am the night

I am the fish king you see
there is no other fish king only me
I am the fish king blood will soak the walls
I see you running down the hall
I watch you stumble I watch you fall
I am the fish king I see it all

I am the fish king you’ll never be free
I am the fish king and terror ill bring
I am the fish king
and the last thing you’ll see

Advertisements
Advertisements

I am the fish king stalking the waters to fill you with fright
I am the fish king you’ll never leave my sight
I am the fish I am the night

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

12 thoughts on “I Am The Fish King”

  1. I honestly liked it the only reason I think it didn’t get a good rating was the name but I honestly liked it! 6/10

  2. I didn’t even think of that. I’d say you’re right. However, this definitely isn’t the worst thing I’ve read, so I actually thought it was legit. For something thrown together as a joke, it definitely works better than some legitimate pastas on this site

  3. o.O what in the name of all that is good did i just read? i feel like that was just too much fish king for one man to handle….

  4. I was hoping this would be funny since it’s April 1st, but it’s just a poem. It’s not scary and the author needs to work on punctuation.

  5. What? What did you say? What about the date? Apri-what? What?

    Oh golly, I almost feel bad about this. It isn’t often I find myself in a position like this one. I think my tastes to horror and drama make me pretty critical of a lot of CP that gets posted on here. Stories I see get 7-8/10s I usually think are 5s at the best. I feel for the person who wrote this, and I only hope they are either not very sensitive, they’re never going to read this or this is actually in fact trollpasta.

    Dude, good grief. Forget for a second the complete lack of meter. Forget for a second the inconsistent rhyming scheme, and forget the awkward phrasings. Forget the fact there’s almost no punctuation, no pause for breath, no discernible narrative. This has to be to date the most boring, nonsensical thing I’ve ever read on this website. The blood on the walls, the stalking business…this alone doesn’t induce fear. All I feel is pity, really. The poor thing is seemingly having a serious identity crisis, half the time telling itself it’s the king of fish and the other time that it’s Batman.

    But even if it being put up here was a joke, I figure I’d give feedback for the author regardless: Burn it. Burn it all. Burn it from the ground up and start again, and never mention to your family and friends you created this. You’ll thank me later.

    As for actual advice, I’d advise reading some proper poetry. You clearly have a dramatic streak to you. Might I suggest John Keats? Edward Thomas? Perhaps William McGonagall? Read some other poetry, learn from it, understand how to write in verse, how to convey a plot, how to apply proper punctuation, because I bet if I said “pentameter” to you right now all you’d think of is that thing you measure angles with.

    Regardless, we all have to start somewhere (I cringe when I think to what I’d put on paper 10 years ago) and oftentimes the most important thing when starting writing is to just have that initial drive which gets you inspired, which motivates you. If you read this, keep writing. Read good literature. Read BAD literature. Watch films, read encyclopedias. Hell, play video games with good storytelling. You’ll only get better, I assure you of that.

  6. Leaves a lot to the imagine, and with a ridiculous name like “fish king” you can’t really expect the reader to visualise something scary. So since your not supplying a description, and not giving us much to work with, we are left a bit clueless. Maybe you had some grand monstrous image in your mind, but it definitely didn’t make it to paper.

    The rhyming scheme is pretty basic, but that would have worked fine if the story was scary. I’m imagining the fish king to be something like the beast from H.P Lovecraft’s Dagon, but that’s just speculation. I’m left assuming that that’s what you were going for. You can’t expect the reader to conclude anything from such vagueness.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top