MORE TOP RANKED STORIES WE THINK YOU'LL ENJOY:
- Revelations (Sequel to The Fort and Survival) ★ 9.19 Rating (16 votes)
- Oppression ★ 9.18 Rating (28 votes)
- Psychosis ★ 9.16 Rating (19296 votes)
- He Who Wanders ★ 9.15 Rating (429 votes)
- Bedtime ★ 9.14 Rating (11086 votes)
- The Seer of Possibilities ★ 9.14 Rating (7475 votes)
- Mr. Widemouth ★ 9.13 Rating (8744 votes)
- The Melancholy of Herbert Solomon ★ 9.12 Rating (3356 votes)
- Artificial ★ 9.12 Rating (1882 votes)
- Bound ★ 9.12 Rating (876 votes)
In Gjoberdik, a small fisherman’s village in the country of Bulgaria, on the dawn of January the first everyone closes their curtains and hold their breath for half a minute. Hours after the craze of midnight’s celebrations, children look questioning at their worried parents, but can not help to shiver in the embrace of their shaking parents.
One can hear the sound of bells being struck exactly 25 times last year, in this short timespan. The nearest church however, is over 32 miles away. You will find no one out on the streets in these faithful 30 seconds, and even the birds will stop whistling.
Some have gone out of their houses, roaring boldly in disbelief of this century old tradition. On the first sunset of this year, two people gambled their fate in the very first rays of sunlight.
The next dawn, the bells will be struck 27 times.