Advertisement
Please wait...

Gideon’s Bible



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

There are seven words in every Gideon’s Bible – y’know, the one they stuff in every hotel room – that can’t be found in any other bible. If you repeat those seven words to yourself while grasping the doorknob to your room, the door will open to any hotel room in the world. Of course, if you want to control where you’re going, you’ll need to know the Gideon’s Key – one more inserted word, unique to each copy, which acts as an index for each room.

Advertisements
Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

33 thoughts on “Gideon’s Bible”

  1. Well, damn. This was good…

    Except…

    It felt more like a cool Harry Potter or Adjustment Bureau idea, rather than ANYTHING creepy at all.

    BUT I guess if you think about it, this is implying that rapists and murderers can now enter into your room at night whenever they want.
    And that they’ve already been there to get your index…

  2. Although the perspective is cool, there’s a slight problem :
    I doubt you’ll find Gideon’s Bible outside of English-speaking countries, and since translations might vary greatly frome one language to another… As well as versions…

    Furthermore, there aren’t bibles in every single hotel room…

    I still really like this pasta. It’s not creepy, but I love magic artifacts with a secret mechanism you can only learn empirically.

  3. Not to mention there are likely more gideon bibles in print than the roughly 800,000 words in the english language.

    Logic always ruins good creepypastas :/

  4. …Wait, what if you bought the Bible from the hotel and brought it home? Would you then be able to go to your house from anywhere in the world? If so, then couldn’t you do things like plant one of the Bible’s in someone’s house, drop another one into the ocean, then open a portal from the person’s house to the ocean and run like hell?

    …Oh god, that would allow for so many possible pranks/ways to get away with murder…

  5. But that means you can only go to the rooms you’ve been in before, so you could get at its bible.

    Or perhaps a helpful entrepreneur will start a Web 2.0 site called http://gi.deo.ncod.es or something similar where everybody can submit the words they’ve already found. Until the hotel managers slap them with a DMCA notice because people keep breaking into their rooms.

    This is too complicated. :P

  6. It reminds me vaguely of a tv show called the lost room with a number of objects. One was a key that when put within a key hole, it opened into any doorway in the world…its a shame that no one has written this code down. Or have they?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top