Advertisement
Please wait...

Fuzzy



Estimated reading time — 6 minutes

I was jolted out of sleep when my 5-year-old son, Kevin, jumped on top of me. I let out a little yelp both from the shock of the impact and from being ripped out of a deep sleep. A little disoriented, it took me a few moments to figure out what was going on. Now jumping up and down on the bed, Kevin yelled, “Fuzzy came again! Fuzzy came again!”

I sighed, rubbed my eyes, and checked the clock. It wasn’t even 6 o’clock in the morning yet. Kevin continued to jump ecstatically around the bed. By now, my husband was awake and very cranky. He looked over to the clock, and, seeing the time, released a frustrated moan.
“Jesus, kid, can’t you wait until at least 6?” he murmured sleepily. He too had been sleeping soundly.

“Fuzzy came again! I told you he would!” Kevin was too excited to care what time it was. It could have been one in the morning for all he cared. “He’s back! He’s back!”

Advertisements

“Fuzzy” as he called him, was what we assumed was Kevin’s imaginary friend. He described him as a fuzzy, colorful creature that arrives in magical mist through his window every night, and they play together. Kevin claimed that he could change colors and even shape, but he was always fuzzy. My husband and I both dismissed this as an imaginary friend phase, as we lived in a somewhat rural area outside of a minor city, and there was no one around to play with. Every morning, he would tell us what he did with Fuzzy last night. His stories would include making puzzles, reading books, jumping around, and cuddling. The one thing that was weird, though, was the fact that Kevin had, at first, told us that ‘Fuzzy didn’t want us to know about his nightly visits’. A bit put off at first, I soon disregarded this as merely a child’s need to feel special because he had a secret.

Sometimes I felt the need to check on Kevin at night, just to make sure everything was alright. The main reason I didn’t was because Kevin was a very light sleeper, in contrast to me and my husband who were very heavy sleepers, and I didn’t want to run the risk of waking him up.

Kevin had stopped talking about Fuzzy a couple months back, so we just assumed that he had grown out of it. I didn’t see anything wrong with Kevin bringing Fuzzy back. I was happy as long as he was happy. I was a house wife; my husband worked in the city and was gone pretty much all day, so I cared for Kevin as he wasn’t in school yet. It did get rather annoying after a while, constantly being bombarded with stories of Fuzzy all day. I smiled at Kevin’s enthusiasm, but deep down I felt a sense of dread welling up at the idea of Fuzzy returning.

I got up out of bed and left the room, leaving my husband to deal with Kevin, and went downstairs. While making breakfast, I decided to check the newspaper. A car crashed on the interstate, and no body was found. A rich lady donated some money to the state for park improvements or something, claiming that their current state was “simply unacceptable.” There was a short editorial on why kids are doing poorly in school, and parenting suggestions on the topic. An old man accused of pedophilia and using hallucinogenics and other drugs to lure children, arrested three months ago, was released from jail as there was not enough incriminating evidence. There was some sports stuff too, but I didn’t bother checking that as I was never really into sports.

Later that day, I was in Kevin’s room cleaning up. It smelled funny in his room; in fact, the last time I remembered it smelling this way was the last time Kevin was talking about Fuzzy. I thought about it for a moment, but decided to just dismiss it as just fermented body odor from him jumping around on his bed with his imaginary friend. I decided to open the window, as it was giving me a headache. Looking out, I saw Kevin out in the yard playing with some of his toys. It had rained last night, and the ground was soft and muddy, so I made sure to warn him not to go near the mud. I lowered my head to withdraw back into the room, but noticed something on the ground beneath the window.

Two holes, about a foot or so apart. They weren’t that big, so I wasn’t too concerned; it just bugged me, as I couldn’t think of anything that might have made them. I looked up to ask Kevin if he knew what they were; he might have made them. He had moved somewhere else though, and I didn’t feel like chasing him down to ask about something so menial.

Advertisements

The next day, I was wiping down a window in the dining room, which lied directly below Kevin’s room. The two holes caught my eye again; however, this time they were even bigger than before. At dinner, I decided to ask Kevin if he had been digging in the backyard. He said no, so I figured it must have been animals or something.

That evening, something else occurred to me. I found Kevin in the living room.
“Hey, Kevin,” I asked. “why does Fuzzy only come at night? You seem bored lately, and you never play with him during daytime.”
He simply shrugged. “I don’t know,” he replied. “He just doesn’t.”
This was when things started to feel a bit off. It had never occurred to me before that Kevin didn’t play with Fuzzy during the daytime. It was probably just his way of keeping Fuzzy in a more realistic light. If he brought Fuzzy out to show him to us, he would see that we clearly didn’t believe in the fluffy piece of air next to him.
Yeah. That’s it. That’s why.

Advertisements

Nothing much happened for the next week or so. My husband and I went to bed at 10 o’clock sharp, as usual. We let Kevin stay up later if he wanted to, so he could play with his imaginary friend. We didn’t mind the noise he made; in fact, if we were asleep, we didn’t hear it at all. Hell, a train couldn’t wake us up once we hit deep sleep. Every night Kenny would say something different about Fuzzy. One night, he apparently brought a cookie (which I strongly suspect he stole from the cookie jar), and another night they ‘flew through the clouds’ on Fuzzy’s back. We were happy that our child’s imagination was healthy. But that feeling… that feeling that something was slightly off never went away.

The next week, I had to start putting Kevin to bed at the same time we went to bed, and, later on, earlier than us. School was coming up soon, and I wanted him to be on a normal biorhythm so that he could wake up early. But of course, this disrupted his ‘Fuzzy Schedule,’ and he would not go to bed without a fight. As days passed, it was becoming visibly obvious that he was not going to sleep when he was supposed to, and instead probably getting up after we fell asleep. Dark circles under his eyes formed. He was whinier than ever, and almost impossible to deal with, leaving me utterly exhausted every day.   Needless to say, I had no trouble falling asleep that week.

I was getting sick of my authority being undermined. I decided to stay up late one night in order to catch him in the act. I went to bed as normal, got up and moved to a chair, and after about a 30 minute period of sitting there, I began to dose off. I decided I would need some help in this stake-out; I crept downstairs to make a quick batch of coffee.

The feeling that something was wrong never alleviated itself. It felt like my mother’s instinct was going off, but I didn’t know why. I stood in the kitchen, sipping my coffee, for what seemed to be ages. Frequently glancing at the clock didn’t help. I spent most of the time reading the newspaper, and every time I began to dose off, I got more coffee.

Accustomed to utter silence, I jumped a little when I heard a little ‘thump’ coming from upstairs. The clock read half past twelve. I had no idea Kevin had the capacity to wait for more than 3 hours just for a stupid imaginary friend. I quietly set my stuff down on the kitchen table and tip-toed to the stairs. I made sure to avoid the creaky steps as I slowly ascended into the darkness of the second floor.

Advertisements

Just as I reached the top step, I heard Kevin’s voice from down the hallway.
“Fuzzy!”
It was now blindingly obvious that Kevin was awake. I heard another thump from Kevin’s room as I slowly made my way down the hallway. I thought about calling out his name and scolding him right then, but decided against it as it would only serve to alert him to my presence and allow him to retreat under the covers and pretend he was asleep.

The feeling that something was wrong grew from minor to almost unbearable. A soft hissing noise coming from his room was now within earshot. I reached the door. Gulping, I silently gripped the handle, turned it, and pushed inward. As I was opening the door, Kevin’s bedroom window came into view. It was wide open, and in it, a ladder. I flung the door wide open, and nearly fainted.

There, in the middle of the room, was an incredibly hairy, naked old man, wearing a gas mask.

He was feeding hallucinogenic gas up Kevin’s nose.

Credit To – AMB

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

119 thoughts on “Fuzzy”

  1. I knew it! Me and my friends discussed who fuzzy might be, and I said its the guy who was released. I thought that the fuzziness was because of the halucinogenics, not hair… And the two holes???

  2. This gets to me every time I read it. It’s terrifying because (while unlikely) it is still possible for this sort of thing can happen. Imaginary friends already creep me out, but when it’s real? Oh god that’s so much worse. 8/10

  3. I am not a parent but this made me disturbed because I am very protective of children but then when she read the news paper I was like oh gosh and then that night I made my little brother sleep in the same room with me even though this is a fake story

  4. I like the way this was written, but the story itself was a bit boring. From the moment she read about the pedophile I knew what was going on so the ending wasn’t a surprise at all.

  5. LOLz:
    BUT WHO WAS KENNY?!

    I thought that the son was kevin and kenny was the husband. the husband is never really named of course due to lack of a lot of dialogue so it was a semi-safe assumption.
    also kevin and kenny both start with a K and I know people who either have or plan to name their children something that starts with one of the parent’s first initial so there’s that.

  6. This is honestly one of my favourite creepypastas, would have been perfect if it weren’t for the giveaway ending in the newspaper, there was too much detail about the case and there really shouldn’t have been any mention of the hallucenogenic drugs.

    Although I was kind’ve expecting the ending, “an incredibly hairy, naked old man, wearing a gas mask.” really creeped me out. 9/10

  7. see theres a line here and you fucking crossed it that’s beyond messed up I have a son and I would kill any person who even thought about doing this to him

  8. This is definitely by far one of the best Creepypastas that I have happened to stumble upon. Not only is it extremely well written, it is also frightening and succeeded in making chills run up my spine. The plot is creepy yet interesting at the same time. Great job.

  9. I thought you should have left the news story tidbit until later on in the story, but other than that it was a delicious pasta. Nice and eerie, even with knowing early on who “Fuzzy” really was.

  10. Now these are the kinds of creepy pastas that freak me out. Forget gore or creatures, this is where it gets intense. Although that newspaper article was a dead giveaway, I still loved this. 9.5/10

  11. Umm…I understand it but I was expecting something…umm…different…not something…totally…weird…O-O

  12. I am a mom with two kids. My sons 4 so i can relate. I related to it even more after a story my kids told me about a shadow man coming to visit, like twice. But I actually really liked this story. It was well constructed, even though slightly predictable. I really hope to see more stories from this person.

  13. The ending was predictable, but, unlike most of the stories on here, it was actually well written and didn’t make me facepalm constantly.
    Good job.

  14. I quite liked this story, and I think the idea behind it is very good, but I wish the twist was thought out a little better because it was such a good idea. I figured out the twist right from the beginning when the pedophile was mentioned in the newspaper, so I wish the foreshadowing was a bit more subtle.

  15. You know, it was a good story. It was a good story, however, as soon as I read the newspaper article, I knew what was going to happen. You gave too much detail about it, and it was obvious, what was going to happen.

  16. That newspaper bit went beyond foreshadowing, and it went beyond telegraphing the ending.

    It was like the author took a giant sledgehammer labeled “TWIST” right to my frontal cortex and furiously beat me over the head with it. Then the author bent over my brain pudding and yelled “Got the ending yet? I don’t think so buddy! Allow me to continue this story for five or so more paragraphs as I drop even more foreshadowing!”

    And then the author exploded into bats.

  17. I knew how it ended the second the pedophile and the hallucinogens and drugs were mentioned. And that he only came at night. Didn’t want the parents to know. And more but I don’t feel like typing them out because it would be repetitive and my arm hurts…

  18. I liked it as far as the writing went but it was very predictable and inconsistent. I mean, you seriously flubbed the kid’s name..

  19. I can’t tell why exactly(I never had anything to do with any form of child abuse and I don’t even have children), but this actually kept me from sleeping…I started reading it with a very uneasy feeling and that never stopped. And the end left me shivering.
    I think this is very well written, but yeah, that newspaper article really stood out. I didn’t guess the ending-I really never do-, just thought that it was maybe there to add to the unease…

  20. I REALLY enjoyed this. In the beginning when I first heard about fuzzy, I imagined Fuzzy Lumpkins from the Power Puff Girls (lol), and started thinking of a possible dream like imaginary creature visiting him. Once the article came up, however, I got a very ominous feeling and grew very excited about “Fuzzy”. Though, as others have already said, the excerpt about the pedophile was slightly more detailed so it kinda gave me a heads up! But I have to say, the ending kinda took me back, and I got a sickly feeling in my gut. It was one of those moments where the anticipation was building, and I had a feeling about what’s going to happen, but I almost didn’t want to find out!

    Great read! I thoroughly enjoyed this delicious pasta. :)

  21. I have raised my little brother as my own child, and that being said, this deeply, deeply disturbed me. I knew what the outcome of this story would be after reading the paragraph about reading the paper, but I felt so compelled to continue reading.. I wish I hadn’t, I will not fear this kind of thing for the next 8 years of my baby brothers adolescence.

  22. lollipop_gestapo

    I’m sorry, am I the only one here who was completely baffled by the fact that a child who is too young to go to school was ALLOWED to stay up later than the parents?? That child should’ve been in bed hours ago.

  23. JadeKurlzzMotionless

    I didn’t even realize the ending was in the newspaper. I just thought of the orange mister who got the sock on him in monsters inc

  24. I actually skipped the part about the pedophile being released from jail, and thus the ending was A LOT more surprising for me than for most of the other guys.
    I’d recommend changing the news article to
    “An old man accused of pedophilia, arrested three months ago, was released from jail as there was not enough incriminating evidence.”, and omitting the hallucinogenics part.
    9/10 for very good writing

  25. I must say, this is one of the most original and truly creepy pastas that I have ever read. I had originally expected some derivative story about some supernatural being who pretended to be friendly (i.e. mr. Widemouth). The ending was entirely unexpected and sent chills up my spine. Bravo.

  26. I’ve been reading pastas for a while and so far this one is the only one that has managed to leave me both disgusted & terrified, good job!

  27. Not a bad story. 7/10
    It became a predictable ending when you added in the part about the old man and the hallucinogens. When it came to the part about the room smelling funny, it only confirmed my suspicions that he was being drugged by the old man. It would’ve been a shock if you had led the reader to believe it was the mentioned old man, then gone in a different direction (entity maybe?). The ending was a little abrupt too, but it is a short story so you can’t drag it on forever.
    Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.

    1. I so agree! I knew it was gonna happen! Still a great story though, I felt compelled to continue reading after I was sure of the outcome.

  28. It was all around a great pasta, but the fact that you messed up and called the son “Kenny” instead of kevin one completely made it not so mysterious but other than that it was great! 8 stars.

  29. Der, didn’t someone submit a pedophilia story and you posted it on crappypasta saying “pedophilia isn’t creepy it’s sick and therefor cannot be on creepypasta” or something like that?

    1. I’m not going to repeat myself any longer for people who don’t want to bother thinking critically about this topic. It’s in the FAQ, you guys don’t need me to hand-hold you and copy/paste the same explanation over and over. Truth be told, if you really cannot see the obvious difference between something like this and a pasta that’s little more than “here is abuse, be entertained by it, I’ve brought nothing else to the table because I am mentally broken and believe that in itself is titillating” – that is entirely your problem to deal with and not actually something that I can help you with.

  30. Predictable ending but very well written! Great suspense and build up. Would have liked a little more too the ending but it’s still a great pasta! Hope to hear more from you :)

  31. Scared SH*TLESS

    WOWEEE! That was HORRIFYING. I read the first few paragraphs and thought, “Huh, just your average ‘scary monster that originally seems nice'”. In my blissful ignorance, I skipped to the bottom, right after reading about Fuzzy’s ability to change colors and shapes. The last sentence scared me worse than the past 12 or so I’ve read combined. Scrolling through the comments only made it creepier. Good job!

  32. This is just like a longer version of “Lightning.” This line was badly incorporated “An old man accused of pedophilia and using hallucinogenics and other drugs to lure children, arrested three months ago, was released from jail as there was not enough incriminating evidence,” because it’s apparent that that’s the small minor detail that will later resurface; maybe you shouldn’t have gone too much into the details or put several options like that to confuse the reader.

  33. I understand people not wanting things to be too predictable but honestly the Mother not seeing the huge red flag is precisely why I found this story so disturbing. Imagine being in her shoes and not connecting the dots.

  34. This is… the legend of the Mad Gasser of Mattoon! Reworked, and told well thought!

    It’s just my opinion, but pastas based on creepy things that really happened are the best ones :)

  35. Creepy, but predictable, and a little unbelievable. I just find it hard to believe that any parent would be so lax about their own intuition concerning their kid when they know a pedophile was not only active in the area but is free again to prowl. Especially somewhere rural. Having grown up in a small town with a house way the heck out in the weeds, the two times in my childhood when it became known that there was a child predator in the area people freaked out and got paranoid. When you live in the middle of nowhere, you get very proactive about your own families safety. Even boarder line paranoid.

  36. i thought that fuzzy wurz a rip-off of mr. widemouth 4 a sec there… anyway can someone plz help me and leave a reply on how 2 post a creepypasta? i’ve been trying 2 figure out and the inturdnet isnt very supportive. i wuz hopping 4 a fellow creepypasta luver would halp mii sooooo… k tanks!=3

  37. Kinda saw that ending coming when it mentioned the pedophile in the news. Didn’t really creep me out, but since I’m not a parent it’s not that relatable

  38. I really like the overall concept, but I saw the ending coming ever since you mentioned it, which was quite a shame. Other than that, nice!

  39. These stories really strike a nerve with parents, but not to your average bored teenager. Wonderful effort, but an abrupt ending. Overall a tasty read.

  40. dude, uhhhh… WTF?!?! wut gave u an idea 4 a naked old man? that wuz more discusting than frickin twighlight!

  41. If you are a beginner author, never try to slip in the solution of your puzzle. Especially not if you are writing a short story. It will probably give off the ending, which happened in this case as well. The moment I read “I decided to check the newspaper”, I knew this was the part when you give away the ending. Yes, it stuck out that bad.

  42. As soon as she mentioned the newspaper article I knew what it was. Literally just like Lightning, just more predictable.

  43. Ugh…this would have been so much better if you had just made the inclusion of the pedophile more subtle. I mean it really is a shame how obvious the conclusion was, because this piece really did spark my interest. Just a bit of advice for next time: assume that your audience is VERY well-accustomed to creepy-pastas. I haven’t really been that interested in this medium for very long and I saw this coming from a mile away. Despite a few word-choice flub-ubs, this would have been GREAT. Instead, it just ended up being a waste of time. I was hoping the entire story that the old man bit in the newspaper was just a red-herring to make the reader imagine what horrible possibilities “Fuzzy” might actually be. That was the only reason I kept reading, but once I realized that it was just as I expected – all was for naught.

    I understand that there will be people who didn’t see this coming, but you should really try to tailor your story so that EVERYONE can enjoy it. Now that sounds a bit off, but let me clarify. I would never suggest that you compromise your style/tone/rhetoric/syntax. I just want you to understand that you are alienating a large sum of readers because your story was too predictable.

  44. Really good story but as soon as I read the news story part about the pedophile I knew that was what it was. Especially when the mom smelled something in the boy’s room. Very disturbing though!

  45. Can I say I did see the ending coming XD I made sure to note down what was being written in the newspaper, and as soon as I saw “hallucinogenic gas” I got the gut feeling that was where the different shapes and colors came from

  46. This is one of those pastas that bothers me because it’s actually plausible.

    Although, in the beginning when I was imagining Fuzzy…I pictured Koosy from Dexter’s Laboratory. XD

  47. This is one of the most well-written pastas I’ve seen for a while, and what the man was doing to the little boy was genuinely disturbing and creepy. However, I think the ending was just too predictable- I figured it out when the woman read the newspaper, so I think the last two sentences might have had a bigger impact if the newspaper part had been left out.

    1. It is a substance that makes you hallucinate, see things that aren’t there. It messes with your head. In this case, the hallucinogen makes the child believe that his imaginary friend is there to have fun with him and play up in the clouds, etc. Even though, of course, he’s being molested.

  48. It’s rare for me to foresee the ending to a pasta – but this was an exception. I don’t know if the newspaper article was meant to give the climax away or not, but it just wasn’t very subtle.

    On the other hand, the pasta was very well cooked, and I would eat it again xD Keep writing!

  49. It was okay, but I saw the ending from a mile away. That said, it was still very nice to read and kept me reading til the end.

  50. ugh…creepy as hell. The ones that “could happen” always get me. So happy my kid is a teen now or I wouldn’t sleep for months!

  51. Holy crap that was creepy!

    That said, the little news blurb was one hell of a giveaway. It’s a bit more detailed than everything else on the same segment to just pass off as “just one more thing on this list”.

  52. I was really excited and ready t post “but who was kenny” but someone beat me to it );
    throw some drugs my way, pedo.

  53. “Well that escalated quickly”. a few things i would like to nitpick – there was an exact description in the paper, it could have been a bit more hidden like simply pedophile was released and having the gases being the twist. the two holes at the window, were they just a ploy to distract the reader? because it doesn’t really fit. the ending could have been amped up a bit, mainly with an increase of the smell of gas and maybe a haze that grew thicker as she got closer?

    1. The two hole at the bottom of the window were from the legs of the ladder that “Fuzzy” used to climb into the kids room.

  54. Kind of saw it coming… When there was mention of the old man in the news paper. Threw me off abit by calling the man “fuzzy.”
    A pretty good pasta but not that creepy.
    Good effort I think.

  55. Ending was predictiable. I saw it coming from miles away. The description at the end did make me laugh a lil though

  56. The ending to this pasta was not what I expected until the part where she was reading the newspaper. Although I saw the attempt to try and kind of cover it up and subtly add it into the story and the need to include it in the story, but it could have been done better. It kind of have the ending away but other than that it did make me feel pretty sketchy about the whole situation. I liked it but I would not let Martha Stewart sample this pasta, she would change the entire recipe. And probably put a persian curtain somewhere. 6.9/10

  57. I’ve read creepy pastas almost every night for years now, but this is one of the few that actually made me scared.

  58. Constipated Unicorn

    HOLY SHIT! That ending was so totally unexpected! Very unsettling too. Delicious pasta! I hope to read more from this author.

  59. Similar concept with the Lightning story but this one seemed less creepier because it’s very predictable. Reading the “An old man accused of pedophilia and using hallucinogenics..” gave away the ending immediately.

  60. Seems like a modified “Lightning”. I felt it had a much better flow than that story, but the ending was just… it was really abrupt.

    6/10

  61. THEN WHO WAS... nevermind

    I felt this story was well written. However I am a parent so naturally I found it very disturbing as well. Once she read that newspaper article about the escaped pedophile I already knew what was up. I know this is just merely a story but I prefer reading about entities or rituals….psychos n such. Not helpless little children being harmed. But that’s just me! I’m just a tad sensitive to that kind of stuff. But again…not a bad read!

    1. Pedophilia is, unfortunately, a very real thing. It does no one any good to ignore it and pretend it doesn’t exist. While I can understand your uncomfortableness as a parent, I wouldn’t let that effect your judgement of the story.

      1. THEN WHO WAS.......nevermind...

        Of course not and I totally understand. As you can see I did give the author props regardless of disagreeing with the subject matter.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top