Advertisement
Please wait...

False Awakenings



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

Right now, I’m not writing this just to tell a scary story. I’m fucking scared shitless and I need somewhere to vent. It is currently 1:07 AM and I’m typing this from my phone under my covers. I’m uncomfortable and hot but there is no way I’m leaving the safety of my sheets.

Let me give a little background information. Hopefully this will distract me.

I’ve had nightmares my entire life, but they’ve never been anything significant. Just the common ones that you get after watching a scary movie, or hear a frightening campfire story story. I’ve always been gullible to that kind of stuff. Yeah. I was the kid that always ran to my parents room whenever I had a bad dream. It’s never really been a problem. Recently though, my nightmares have been getting worse.

Advertisements

It’s been about a month since these bad dreams started. I don’t want to sound cliche but it definitely started after my family moved into our new house. The house seemed normal when we moved in, and it still seems normal now. The only strange things that happen occur in my dreams.

God I don’t know why I thought this was a good idea. I’m sweating like a god damn pig under these sheets and my nightmare is all I can think about.

So anyway, like I said, these bad dreams have changed a bit since we moved in. For example, in one of the dreams, I remember I killed an entire family. It was like I was watching from someone else’s eyes. I didn’t know who the people were. I was just walking around in a house shooting the fucking brains out of the family as they slept. That one fucked me up a bit. I never told my parents about these nightmares. My sister has been going through a rough patch and my parents are busy enough keeping her from harming herself. It’s been mentally taxing for all of us. I wasn’t about to add more stress onto everyone just to complain about my weird dreams. Sorry to get personal but I’m not exactly worried about that at the moment.

So I kept the nightmares to myself. After tonight though, I’ll probably bring it up. I guess I’ll get to the part that’s freaking the hell out of me.

I’ve been staying up really late the past few nights. Usually if I do that, then I forget my dreams and the night goes by quickly. Last night I went to bed early. Today is going to my first day working at my new job, and I was sick of feeling tired all the time. I went to bed around 8:00 PM.

I woke up sometime during the night. After laying in my bed for a bit, I started to notice weird things. Like the fact that my room looked different. Just little things like the furniture had been moved around, but it was definitely MY room. Slowly I began to realize that I was still dreaming. Everything just felt so surreal.

Advertisements

As I was thinking (realizing that I was totally dreaming), I noticed that the light in my closet was on. It’s a walk in, which I wasn’t that used to. I remembered my Mom talking about getting new light for it because the one that was in there had burned out, so it was weird that the light would be on. Something inside me was telling to get up and turn the light off, and that’s exactly what I did.

Okay before you start thinking that I am totally mental, just remember that I was dreaming. No one thinks right when they’re dreaming. So I got out of bed and went to turn off the light. The light switch is on the inside of the closet, so I opened the door. Fuck just thinking about it gives me chills.

Advertisements

There was a boy standing in my closet.

I can’t tell you how old or any details, because all I saw was the back of his head before I fell back on my ass. My head still hurts from the fear that jolted through me.

Then I woke up. Again.

I was sweating and my head hurt. It was weird because I had never felt actual pain in my dreams before, but my whole body was aching from the fear. I was panicky and I just remember it being really dark. The quiet was almost unbearable. I remember reaching over to get my phone, but it wasn’t there, which confused me. I always had my phone. I panicked again and looked around my room. Everything was where it should have been, except one thing. The boy was sitting on the end of my bed, facing away from me.

Advertisements

Once again, I woke up.

And here I am now. Feeling like I’m going to shit my pants. No nightmare has made me this scared before. I really just needed to let this all out. Ah fuck I’m scared out of my mind. I don’t have the courage to get up and run to my parents room like I used to. My head still hurts and my heart is beating 100 miles a minute, but not because of my false awakenings.

The light in my closet is on.

Credit: Liz Turner

[fvplayer src=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRm1_YLKn_8” splash=“https://www.creepypasta.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/BehindTheShadows.jpg”]

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

11 thoughts on “False Awakenings”

  1. creepy story I liked it I always find the loop stories to be more creepy for some reason. 7/10 good work can’t wait to read more from you

  2. Millennium Falcon

    Seems kinda, how do I put it, incomplete in a way? Or like what Faryn said, the Inception-like feel of the whole experience…

    6/10

  3. Bit bland and not very scary, but enjoyable. Maybe less use of the F word would make it more professional?

  4. Started off weak, rose up to nothing, and ended with a fizzle. I am certain I am not the only one who’s experienced sleep paralysis, and I’m sure this story was inspired by that. However, the story has nothing worth being scared about. I’ve heard a more scary story from Stamper on Sleepy Cabin than this story, and one that resembles pretty close to this.

    Little boys are not scary. If it’s a ghost, then maybe, but nothing happened. No sign of a threat, no lore to behold, nothing. Just a little boy in a closet.

    This story needs at least something scare worthy or creep worthy to be creepy. The more I think about it, the more I wonder how this one even got through to be published. Telling us the narrator is scared does not make the story scary. Why was the person’s sister and family mentioned if they didn’t serve anything to the story? Why is there a boy in the closet in the first place?

    Even if there was a mention of the narrator having a lost brother or his mother had a miscarriage or something happened in the house before, that would have actually added the slightest hint of a spook that a story requires to be a creepypasta. Until that happens, it’s 3/10 from me, only because it wasn’t too long to endure, sentence structures were decent, and I assume it’s the writer’s first attempt.

    Best advice: if it doesn’t creep out the writer during a second read, it’s not going to creep out the reader.

  5. HomeBoundSea22

    I loved your creepypasta and it is creepy indead. I plan to read and upload your creepypasta on my youtube channel to help get your name out there.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top