Advertisement
Please wait...

This Is Probably Not A Good Idea



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

Every time you exhale, a little bit of your soul escapes. Luckily, you almost always inhale it back before anyone else gets to it. Almost.

Ever fogged up a mirror with your breath?

Advertisements

Don’t do that.

Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

99 thoughts on “This Is Probably Not A Good Idea”

  1. (ding) I have an idea on this pastas point. By fogging up your mirror with your breath, part of your soul is trapped. It explains how a mirror pasta occurs.

  2. wait is this saying that when you exhale on a mirror part of ur soul possesses that mirror because this is somewhat confusing.

    And if it is then i need to buy some mirrors
    >:3 hehehe

  3. After reading this story I proceeded to fog up my mirror with my breath
    By the way if the fog is your soul then can we assume thar zombies are unable to fog up a mirror.

  4. I almost always end up fogging up my mirror when I’m putting on my make-up in the mornings…I guess I should be more careful 0.o

  5. Every time Russian exhales, little bit of Vodka escapes. Smart Russian almost always inhales Vodka back before anyone else gets to Vodka. Almost.

    Ever fog up mirror with breath?

    Don’t do that.

    Reflection is gypsy and will try steal Vodka. Hit his head with pipe and collect gypsy tears.

  6. So THAT’S why in the original Little Mermaid, before three days were up, she had to kiss the prince to gain part of his soul. Kind of gross, I know.

  7. Could have used a better title. The title suggests that the story is being written by someone who is being watched by a greater being… copyright Nex Decessum 2010.

    Fear the Darkness

    -Nex

  8. I like to imagine that, every time I breathe out a leetle bit of soul, something like the thing in Alien’s throat comes out and snatches it back up ^^

  9. The last part is not gonna let me sleep. Grr I’m going to be thinking about it forever and ever and ever.

    Does like your reflection steal part of your soul?

  10. i am a heron. i haev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

  11. This is really professional seeming, and well-written. I don’t find it overly creepy, but it doesn’t have to be. It lets your mind run with it. The reader actually does all of the work in scaring themselves.
    Major props to whoever wrote this.

  12. Every time you open your hand, a little bit of your soul escapes. Luckily, you almost always close your hand before anyone else gets to it. Almost.

    Ever fogged up a mirror with your open hand?

    Don’t do that.

    I AM AUTHOR?

  13. ME,

    I repectfully disagree. “dont do that” suggests a certain amount of knowledge and maybe…. resignition? Like a harbinger almost.

  14. i think it would be better if it just ended with “ever fogged up the mirrior with your breath?” the “dont do that” just ruins it

  15. This pasta doesn’t do it for me because the whole ‘when you breathe your soul escapes’ is like the whole sneezing superstition, which was why people said ‘bless you’ so that your soul didn’t get snatched by the devil.

    Furthermore, if you’ve ever breathed out underwater, you know you don’t breathe that same air back in when you resurface. Plus, fogging up mirrors with your breath is too common for me to be afraid anything will happen.

    So. Good story idea, but too not-believable for me.

  16. -No bogus second-person instructions about how “you” complete a series of nonsensical tasks that lead to your ultimate doom.

    -No overwrought allusions to Judeo-Christian mythology.

    -Is actually creepy.

    Best 36 words on this site.

  17. Heh. Paired with all the creepypastas that say that mirrors open up to alternate universes or dark selves, this is pretty cool. ^_^ Short and sweet — I like it!

  18. I already hate mirrors as is, I managed to scare myself earlier with the mirror on the back of the sunguard in the car, so this uh. This helps.

  19. okei, win idea for being an hero.

    read previous creepypasta, the blood mirror. read this creepypasta. you should see where i’m going with this.

    if you don’t…i’m saying, exhale on the blood mirror, just to see what happens.

    be an hero.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top