First off, I just want to thank you all for being patient and understanding while I sorted out the issue with the submission form. I know that many of you have been holding on to hopeful submissions for months now, and I’m sure it was disappointing when I wasn’t able to open submissions back in July as per my original plan. However, after testing a new submission plugin and monitoring how it affected our database while acting as the Contact Form only, I think that – knock on wood – we have a solid replacement and I now feel comfortable re-opening submissions.
Due to the extremely long ‘dead zone’ without any new submissions, this open period will be much longer than usual – three full months, as a matter of fact. It starts tonight, August 15th, 2015, and will end on November 15th, 2015.
A few things to keep in mind:
- We currently have pastas scheduled up until September 23rd; this means that pastas submitted starting now will not be published until at LEAST late September, possibly far later depending on where you end up in the queue. We were extremely lucky that the submission form shenanigans happened to coincide with my having an unusually large amount of stories in my ‘to publish’ pile; so much so that we’ve been able to bump up to two stories a day for July, August, and September!
- If your story is specifically tailored to be posted around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other specific timeframe, please make sure to tag it as ‘Seasonally Spooky’ – I do try to schedule those posts when they’re thematically appropriate.
- I’ve added a new option in the tag field called “Historical Horror” – if your story is inspired by or set in a specific time period or tied to a historic event, please select this tag!
- There is now a field on the submission form for people with ALREADY EXISTING author tags to enter their tag. If you don’t have a tag at the time of submission, leave this field blank. I will of course be double-checking and if I can’t verify that you are the ‘owner’ of that author tag, the story will not be placed in the tag. If you fill out the author tag field with anything but a valid author tag, it will just be ignored. This means that even if you’re eligible for a new author tag, you still need to use the correct form to request yours (and yes, that form is back and functioning again, too)!
- The new submission form has a WYSIWYG text entry option; this means you can format your pastas exactly as intended without having to know html. I will do my best to honor your formatting – but if you do anything silly like try to submit a pasta entirely in massive lime green text… not going to happen, sorry. For those of you who prefer to enter your html manually (or have no formatting needs at all), you can still enter your pasta in the ‘Text’ tag without having to mess with the visual editor at all.
As always, this post is EXPLICIT CONFIRMATION that all submissions from the prior open period have been processed. Please do check your email (including your spam filter – but of course, if you read the FAQ before submitting, you already whitelisted ‘creepypasta’ in your spam filter, right?) to make sure that you didn’t get any last-minute messages from me before you submit any edited pastas. If your story was accepted and you’ve made rewrites in the interim, please follow the steps outlined in the FAQ to make sure we get your newest version posted instead. If you’ve rewritten a story that was rejected entirely (you received no response from me whatsoever) or was placed on Crappypasta, you can resubmit it as normal.
Remember: if your submission did not receive a response, it was rejected. Please do not resubmit the exact same pasta simply because you didn’t receive a response; this is a complete waste of both your time and mine. However, if you rework your rejected story, you are more than welcome to resubmit.
That’s all for this announcement! I’m excited to see what you have all been working on for the past few months, so get to submitting!