Advertisement
Please wait...

Blue.mp3



Estimated reading time — 7 minutes

I was playing with a couple of my friends, walking down the empty streets of small town Bennettsville, South Carolina, when I noticed something out of place in a small alley way beside the town café. I paused, “Hey, is that a computer?” I asked, pretty much talking to myself but earning curious glances from my two friends. “I don’t know, go check it out Bun.” Emmy replied looking at the pile of electronic just inside the alley. I sighed, of course she would make me go look…

I walked carefully (as not to fall and bruise something like I always manage to do) and squatted beside the computer looking it over. That’s weird… The computer was completely unscathed, and seemed to be in pristine condition, even having all of its parts. I picked it up slowly and walked back to my friends, “Let’s go to my house and see if it works.” I said breathing a little deeper because of the effort of holding the computer. My other friend, Jeff laughed at my strained expression. “Let’s get something to carry it first.” He said looking around. Being a small town it wasn’t hard to find a small shopping cart rolling around in an abandoned shop.

We piled the computer into the shopping cart and headed back towards my house where we hooked it up and pressed the power button. At first there was nothing but the soft tap of rain against my roof and the whistle of wind across the rusty storm door. Emmy sighed, “Guess that is why they threw it away” She said disappointment apparent on her face. I was about to reply when suddenly the computer let out a soft hiss, like an angry animal, and the screen slowly began to fade white. There was no start up screen, only a white page with nothing else on it. Then a small file popped up in the middle of the screen, but we knew something was wrong when we saw it. Instead of a small manila folder like it usually has for files, this file was just a bunch of papers lying on the screen, covered in some rusty red color… I stared at the file for a moment… Under it there was a simple title “Blue.”

Advertisements

Emmy spoke uncertainly from where she watched over my shoulder, “I don’t like this…” I nodded silently unable to speak. Jeff on the other hand just grinned, “I wonder what it is!” He chirped excitedly. I could never understand how Jeff was always so happy about everything! His grin just widened as he saw my confused face “Click it!” He said leaning down closer over my shoulder. I bit my lip in apprehension but followed his orders double clicking the small file.

The file opened and showed two text documents with unreadable names and an mp3 file simply named “Blue” just like the folder. I looked at the weird text documents, trying to decipher a secret message in the symbols somehow. “This is really weird, click the song Cassie…” Emmy murmured softly, sounding unsure even to me. I rolled the pointer on to the songs icon but paused. “This doesn’t feel right …” I said feeling the urgent need to shut the computer off and to run away as fast as possible. Jeff just rolled his eyes and put his hand over mine on the mouse double clicking the mp3. I shivered at his cold touch and looked at the screen.

The screen stayed white for a moment, and then suddenly burst into color as pictures of a young boy played alongside a chilling song. I couldn’t understand the lyrics of the song and they seemed to be in a high pitched, almost vocaloid style voice. It had a sad, lonely, and melancholy tone to it, one that reminded me of my grandma, the one who died 5 years ago. Tears came to my eyes and I took a shuddering breath paying attention to the images, how is this possible? It was an mp3 file wasn’t it? Why are there pictures? I watched as the screen flipped from frame to frame. The first picture was that of a young boy smiling at the camera, next to him stood a woman whose eyes seemed to be dimmed… Almost as if she was, dead… Then it showed him sitting in the lap of a man who looked to be in his late 30’s. This man’s eyes held the same dimness as the woman’s, and his hand seemed to hang limply off the side of the chair. The last image was that of the young boy, he stood eyes dimmed just like the two before him, he looked around the age of 7 or 8 and he had a defeated look on his face. His pale eyes held nothing but an empty longing as he stared at us from the computer. This image had a static like texture and I realized it wasn’t an image, but a video… I heard Emmy and Jeff gasp from behind me as the boy blinked but I couldn’t take my eyes off of it… I couldn’t even breathe while I looked at him.

The boy took a step towards me and I just sat motionless, just barely hearing Emmy and Jeff’s screams to run; I watched as his hand reached towards me, that song playing in the background. I felt something warm drip down my face as his hand touched the screen. Just as I thought he would jump out of the computer out at me the screen turned pitch black and the song faded out with one last note. Everything was silent in the room except our breathing, suddenly a roar of clapping was heard coming from the computer and I jumped back, finally breaking away from the trance and back into reality. Jeff and Emmy seemed to have been pulled back as well because they ran from the door and back to me, I sat at the computer screen in confusion barely hearing anything. Their words were muffled and weak and yet they still hurt my ears. I turned and noticed that Emmy was crying; I looked at Jeff, “Why is she crying?” I asked taken aback at how low my own voice was. Jeff looked at me and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the bathroom. He dragged me to the mirror and pointed, I looked at the small mirror in shocked horror. My face was pale, almost as white as Jeff’s but not quite; My ears were still there but they had a small river of blood running down them, explaining how hard it was to hear; and My eyes held the same dead feeling that the boys did… I stared in terror at myself in the mirror; my reflection looked back no emotions passing through the thick wall of my eyes. “This can’t be happening…” I said touching my cheek. Jeff nodded “It’s happening alright…” Emmy walked in just then, “Guys… You might want to see this…” She said looking weary and frightened. Jeff and I followed her back into the spare bedroom where I put the computer and I noticed the computer had switched back on, but now the screen held no files. The only thing on it was a small timer slowly counting down the minutes… To what I don’t really know…

Current Countdown Time: 01Hour 39Minutes 03Seconds

Advertisements

We looked at each other uncertainly and then back at the timer. “What is it counting down to?” I asked the most obvious question. Jeff shrugged “Count down til self-destruction?” He asked chuckling lightly at his own joke. I shuddered and noticed something else… “What the hell! It’s not even plugged up!!” I said picking the energy cable up and holding it where they could see. Emmy shuddered and stepped back, “We need to get rid of this computer…” She said shaking her head. I nodded and noticed her usually tan skin was a pale white and her entire body seemed to be shaking. “I think you need to take a nap Emmy…” I said softly touching her shoulder. The second I touched her she collapsed. She fell limply to the ground and a pool of blood spread around her as she paled even more and all of the emotion drained from her face. All that was left was her eyes now a dim green color as they stared off into the distant nothingness. I let out a croaked scream and backed up, straight into Jeff. I spun and noticed that his features had contorted; he was no longer the happy go lucky teen I had known before. A huge grin spread across his pasty white skin and his wide eyes were bordered with black. He chuckled darkly and I stepped back tripping over Emmy’s body. “W-What the hell are you?” I asked, tears streaming down my blood stained cheeks. Jeff let out a small gasp as he realized I could see through his mask. But I didn’t give him any more time to react. I jumped up and ran towards the door slamming it behind me and running towards the woods next to my house. What the hell am I doing? I always get mad because in scary movies they run to the woods but now here I am and I do the exact same thing!? My legs burned with effort as I pushed myself onwards trying to run as fast as possible. Suddenly I swerve to the left and run smack into a large tree. I feel everything swirl around me and then… it was dark.

Advertisements

Current Countdown Time: 00Hour 09Minutes 23Seconds

I wake up a few minutes later and hear a crack from the woods around me. I sit up and terror runs through my veins like glass. Tears roll down my cheeks as I press my back to the tree and I close my eyes simply waiting for my end to come. I have no god to beg to, even if I did believe in him what were the odds I would make it to heaven with all the sins I have committed? I am sure that I have somehow managed to commit all of the 7 seven sins at least 5 times. Suddenly my heart began to pound loudly, so loud in fact that it drowned out all the sounds of the forest. BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP… I listened to the sound of it as I slowly began to feel sleepy. I opened my eyes and saw Jeff standing right in front of me. I couldn’t think straight as I smiled at him, I felt so light and dreamy; almost like mist… Jeff gave me a huge smile and leaned down close so that his cheek touched mine and his breath tickled my ear. “That’s right…” He said softly, like a father tucking in his child. “Go to sleep…” With those finally words he plunged a knife into my stomach. But I didn’t even feel it as the countdown meter struck 0 and my eyes became dull. A ghost of a smile touched my face and I looked at Jeff with a chillingly dead expression. “Goodnight, Jeff…” I said my voice a hoarse scratchy sound. In the last second of my life I saw a look of shock fly across Jeff’s face as he looked at me. But then everything went dark…

Advertisements

Current Countdown Time: 00Hours 00Minutes 00Seconds

[fvplayer src=”http://youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc?version=3″]

Credit To: Cassie G.

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

23 thoughts on “Blue.mp3”

  1. “-and terror runs through my veins like glass.” How does glass run through anything? Horrible metaphor that doesn’t make sense. And what was this supposed to be about? Jeff the Killer, a little boy, the character’s grandmother? WHAT the hell man.
    And whats with the song too…

  2. ImaginationIsDangerous

    -shivers- The timer to add your comment made me curious and a little frightened, pasta is delicious none the less

  3. ImaginationIsDangerous

    This. Was. Trippy. It’s like a twist of Jeff the Killer and Smile Dog. Either way I loved it! 10/10

  4. Why, Why would you finish this story full of potential with Jeff the Killer? What’s next, candlejack in my la

  5. Well, not being a writer and just simply enjoy reading creepypastas as a past time, I do have to agree with the other commenters on this. It’s unoriginal because you used so many..expected scenes. You also used Jeff (which I’m not saying is a bad thing because I love Jeff. XP) but I feel like you only made him act the way he did due from wishful thinking. It wasn’t believable. But, it is a nice little read, like if I’m bored and not feeling like a critic. You should just try writing fanfics about Jeff instead.

  6. Ech, this is really bad. It’s unoriginal, first of all; there are so many “mysterious computer file” pastas that nothing about this sticks out. Numerous clichés were thrown in, too. Random pools of blood, unplugged working computer, and worst of all, you just had to thrown in Jeff the Killer. As if this wasn’t unoriginal enough. Finally, your writing wasn’t even that good. You made numerous grammatical mistakes, and you need to make more paragraphs- lots of these were just blocks of text. There’s a significant lack of detail, and when you try to throw detail in, you failed. “Terror runs through my veins like glass”? What does that even mean? You also change tenses a lot.

    1/10, would not recommend.

  7. Sorry, but the story on it’s own is not an obvious enough parody (unlike the more amusing “YOU ARE DEAD SKULL”). I’m of course discounting the idea this could be serious.

    1. This is because the punchline was an embedded video that apparently got eaten in the transition from scheduled to posted. I really hope WordPress fixes this particular glitch, I can’t always be around the monitor the instant of posting for every pasta and I’m finding this random stealth-deleting really obnoxious. Going to edit it back in.

  8. I’m sorry but nothing about this scared me at all. You threw in a ton of cliches together and there were no shock or surprise factors, everything was too predictable and bland. There was a lack of originality. You write well, but your orchestration needs work. It would help if you offered events that were totally unexpected, instead of borrowing tricks from the average horror movie. Give your audience something they won’t see coming, and try not to clump so many things together at one time.

  9. Not a bad story, but the end felt a bit rushed, and I’m finally starting to get sick of stories involving Jeff, especially those that don’t follow his character. Maybe if Jeff in this story had been a completely different character who somehow snapped while watching the video, and the video was expanded on slightly, this pasta would have had a better taste.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top