Advertisement
Please wait...

(My Attempt at) Two-Sentence Horror Stories



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

While up late working at your computer, you see one of those disgusting, many-legged house centipedes skittering around on your floor, and resolve to kill it before it gets away. Wielding a rolled-up magazine, you chase the centipede under the bed; but as you stick your arm and head into the dark void beneath the bed skirts, you are seized with a sharp, sudden dread and quickly withdraw back into the brightly-lit room… only to discover that now, they are everywhere.

Tanya awoke to the sound of some talk show murmuring unintelligibly from the half-muted speakers of her alarm clock/radio, and reached across blearily to shut it off. It wasn’t until her hand brushed over a cold, clammy something resting on top of her nightstand that she remembered she was in a hotel room, and it didn’t have a radio.

Advertisements

Someone had told Jason that if he put a small animal in the microwave, it would explode, and Jason (having always been a little bastard) tested this claim on his older sister’s pet rabbit; however, though he watched for nearly an hour, all that happened was that the rabbit became more and more frantic in the enclosed space, until an exasperated Jason sullenly opened the little door to return the rabbit to its cage. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), no one had told Jason that you had to turn on the microwave to achieve this effect, or how deeply into a tiny, exposed wrist a pissed-off rabbit could bite.

Brandon stayed up until 3am playing on Xbox Live with his friend Dustin, both boys chatting, yelling, and provoking each other over their headsets the entire time. The next morning, when Brandon called to arrange a playdate, Dustin’s mother answered the phone and tearfully informed him that Dustin had died choking on a wad of bubble gum – at 9pm the previous night.

Advertisements

Suzie received a realistic, talking baby doll as a Christmas gift from her father that year. However, try as she might, the doll couldn’t fill the void left behind by the baby that Suzie’s father had killed and buried in the basement after discovering the seventeen-year-old’s unplanned pregnancy.

Advertisements

Over his car radio, Marcus heard the DJ announce that a serial killer with short blond hair and a skull tattooed on his right cheek had recently escaped from a nearby prison. He frowned and anxiously placed one hand on the pistol he kept at his hip, as the young woman in his passenger seat gazed at his profile with mounting terror and prepared to do God only knew what in her panic.

Advertisements

Don’t think of a pink elephant: it’s the oldest trick in the book, as soon as you read that phrase, a pink elephant immediately pops into your head. Now, don’t think of a sanity-devouring psychic parasite attached to the back of your mind like a shadow: what little time you have left will be more pleasantly spent forgetting that one of those just popped into your head, too.


Credit: InfernalNightmare333 / Casey Pierce

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

50 thoughts on “(My Attempt at) Two-Sentence Horror Stories”

  1. Now the back of my head itches. *sigh* Do you know how long it takes to calm down a parasite after it has been noticed? Long enough to become a bother. It is gonna take all night to try to forget this thing. Scotch helps, but doesn’t always get the result one wants.

  2. Overall, this was a pretty good set of stories.. despite a few cliches and exceptions. The endings on 1,4,5, and 6 seemed half-assed (especially 4 and 5), which is weird because they generally started so well.

  3. 1) Kinda spooky, but falls short.
    2) Cliched as fuck.
    3) Stupid as fuck.
    4) Not as stupid, but still stupid as fuck. It’s also cliched as fuck. The Hanging out with a person only having to find out later that they’ve been dead for some time shit.
    5) Pretty decent plot twist. Unfortunately, decent plot twists do not translate to good stories.
    6) Same as 5.
    7) Fucked up visions and images in the mind aren’t enough to drive people insane. They can, but they to be recurring and very realistic. Having a weird as hell imagination is different from having hallucinations.

  4. I love this. Yesterday I had a conversation with a friend. We were talking about creepypasta when he asked me if I’d heard of Hemingway’s one liner. After admitting that I had not I went to my computer and googled it. I fell in love with what I found. The two line stories here remind me of Hemingway’s story, so this was a very nice find for me. Great job!
    If your interested in the Hemingway story you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_sale:_baby_shoes,_never_worn

  5. This isn’t real, right? I’m asking this because I’m actually paranoid I have a brain eating parasite even though it isn’t in anyway real
    I would just like some additional assurance

  6. I love the rabbit story , but I think I would have added the little ball of pissed off fury jumped out of the microwave bit and scratched his at his face!
    Or something like that.

  7. The one about the serial killer would have been better should the blond hair and skull tattoo belong to the girl xP

    1. When I first read it I thought it was about the girl in the passenger seat until I read it again. It would have made more sense to have her be the psycho because then how had he gotten a gun so fast? The way it was worded made it sound like he always carries it, the author used “kept” instead of just “had”. I liked it anyway though.

  8. This would have a much higher rating if my rating button was working. These are really well done, but the bunny one was more humorous than creepy. Still good!

  9. Park Ranger: You can't park here. Me: I'll do it anyway, you can't tell me what to do, are aren't my dad.

    Jason’s a dumbass.

  10. About the pink elephant one, my sanity is already gone and it’s been gone for a long time…….I don’t need one of those sanity-devouring things mine is already gone! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  11. I love these! 10/10! Great writing. I’m in awe at the suspense you can build in such a short time. That and the fact you can add a plot at the same time. Great work! Can’t wait to see more.

  12. Turn it on you say? I don’t know. That doesn’t sound right.

    Pleas don’t make anything like that last one again.

    Or do.

  13. Ahriannah (Feeling 20% Less cool)

    Where is the holy hand grenade when you need it?…..dn rabbits.

    While I am mixed on these. I give it a 8/10 because they did build suspense and the last one was creepy.

  14. InfernalNightmare333

    Thanks for the comments, everybody! These aren’t exactly my best work and I was starting to think that maybe I shouldn’t have submitted them at all, so it’s nice to know that some of you found them enjoyable :)

    I tend to be pretty long-winded in most of my writing (despite the fact that micropastas are one of my favorite story forms), so when I saw the “two-sentence horror story” idea on another site, I decided to challenge myself by taking a stab at it. Unfortunately, rather than learning to write more succinctly, I seem to have sacrificed some grammatical integrity trying to fit everything into two (loosely-defined) sentences. Only the centipede one and the rabbit one really felt like they had any inspiration behind them at the time of writing. Overall, I probably should have put some more time/revision into these; thanks for not being too hard on them :)

  15. Kinase weird, but could be better. Some were genuinely creepy, but most weren’t that good unfortunately. 5/10, work on these

  16. Lmao at the rabbit story.They can chew through wood…I just got a baby dwarf bunny-she’s so sweet.

    1. InfernalNightmare333

      Haha, not at all :) I actually wrote that story because a couple friends of mine at band camp were joking about someone microwaving a kitten, and refused to tell me that it hadn’t actually happened. This made me very angry, as I do not think that torturing and killing animals in real life is anything to take lightly, so I wanted to symbolically get back at anyone who would do that >:)

  17. ThisIsANameForAComment

    Truly loved the title and idea of this one. The one with the rabbit made me laugh as i thought about the Monty Python Rabbit. And the last one could have been scary, if not for the fact that most of the people here, myself included, would make that parasite starve to death.

  18. I enjoyed that very creative , its amazing how much suspense your left with after 2 sentences. Thanx for the read x :)

  19. I really liked stories 2, 4 and 6. You’ve done a good job writing these stories and I would like to see some more. :D

  20. *rings bell
    Very nice Infernal!
    I was going through WHO WAS PHONE archive right before reading this, so I appologize for that.
    All of them good, the one with the Suzie and the one with DJ makes this pasta delicious.
    I’m trying to pretend I didn’t read the last story.

  21. I have to admit, these are pretty good. The last one made me cringe a little. The one with the bunny and the kid made me laugh. ^^ (lil bastard deserved it)

  22. I’m going to review what I thought of each with the number of appearance, so bear with me…

    1. I hate those little things, they’re so gross and I know some are poisonus. But this isn’t really creepy.

    2.This one is really cliched, I know I’ve read it somewhere.

    3.That boy is as stupid as stupid gets, of COURSE you have to turn on the microwave for the animal to explode. And the ending seems a little Monty Python-ish.

    4.I know I heard about this somewhere before, actually multiple stories just like this are all over Chiller channel and on the internet.

    5.Was the baby already born when the dad killed it or did he make her have an abortion?

    6.So did he just look like the man that escaped or was he really the man that escaped…This is why I hate two sentence pastas, there’s not enough Information.

    7.I already know I have one of those, that’s why I’m comenting such a long review.

    Overall I have to give you a 9/10 because of a few grammer errors and the fact that most of those sentences where run-ons.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top