Advertisement
Please wait...

Any Final Thoughts



Estimated reading time — < 1 minute

The overwhelming majority of your actions in life will have no effect on your eternal condition. After all, does a grain of sand have any effect on a prodigious star? Of course it doesn’t. The star cannot even discern the grain of sand, let alone, is it affected by the sand’s insignificance. The grain of sand is negligible, as is the condition of most of your life. The good deeds you perform, your philanthropy, your positive mindset, your hate, your murder, your lust; none of these things matter. None of these things determine whether you go to heaven or hell after you die. Heaven and hell do not exist as objective places. All that exists is what the individualized mind believes, therefore, the conditions of heaven and hell are contingent upon the individual’s particular notions.

To be more specific, roughly 99.9% of your life is immaterial, and this is the initial 99.9% of your life. All that truly matters is the last 0.1%. This small fraction is paramount. All that matters is your state of mind in the precise moment before death brings down his heavy, rusty scythe. Your state of mind, in this fleeting, unexpected moment, will remain this way forever, and at some point in the inconceivable eternity following death, you will forget everything about your comparably diminutive life. The final emotion is the only thing that remains, and it never dies. You exist only as this single, distilled emotion, or a combination of emotions, detached from your body, forever. This truth is fortunate for the 0.1% of the human population, whose last 0.1% of life is pleasant.

Advertisements

Credit To – Dylan Morone

Advertisements
Advertisements
Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

44 thoughts on “Any Final Thoughts”

  1. Not even nice creepy pasta. Just some strange thing that isnt creepy. It would be better if you were stunned inside your death body while being eaten by some insects and your blood is spreading everywhere flooding your own grave. Then after it, your inner self. Those who were really not a material, nor your brain, nor your heart. Your SOUL will have something more interesting. Or is it heaven or hell?

  2. This is one of those pastas that get right inside your head and is just sitting there at the back of your mind — waiting for the perfect moment to strike…

  3. If you live for 80 years, 0.1% of your life is about four weeks. That’s a decent amount of time to get your emotional affairs in order.

  4. I see a lot of negative feedback, so I just want to say that I thought this was a great idea. Not boring at all, and definitely creepy. I mean think about it, all those murder victims whose final moments were nothing but absolute terror? Imagine spending all of eternity in that emotional state. That’s what makes this scary. Excellent job.

  5. Insightful, but not particularly scary. I’d disagree that the last emotion is all that matters- there is always one’s legacy, determined by their entire public lifetime, and that certainly carries on some of their name.

  6. I found this extremely boring. All of the flowery wording really took away from the main idea of the pasta. Trying to make yourself sound smart only made yourself sound desperate to prove that you’re smart. If you had lengthened it a little, applied the point into an actual story, maybe it would have been better and creepier.

  7. Not sure how I feel about this one. It’s an interesting concept, but, it’s not exactly creepy. I suppose if you were to sit and dwell on it awhile or if you were to truly believe that is what life after death consists of, it would twist your brain a bit. Decently written, but poorly delivered is my analysis.

      1. Kaos McPunchfist

        Huh, thats another thing. how do you define “death”? I guess this pasta defines it as when the brain dies? maybe, when a person stops being how they usually are? or perhaps a person is dead when their “emotion”, the storie’s equivalint to soul, has… i dunno… left the body?

        It is an important question to consider whenever you talk about after-death. I mean, whatabout brain damage? whatabout being in a coma? are there special rules that apply to these situations?

        Important questions indeed…

  8. A bit tedious to read with all the complicated word groupings. Didn’t really find this creepy or scary either. Really belongs on some depressed persons’ blog.

  9. And just how does this emotion remain eternal? What power is behind it? What evidence for this is there? It’s just another opinion without evidence and isn’t at all convincing. “I say this, so it must be so.” Not creepy, just annoying.

  10. ẠbracadaveЯ

    Refreshing, somehow. Not that I’m complaining about the recent longer pastas, I do love to read the longer things just as much as the shorter ones ┄ as long as they’re good, either way. And these last ones have certainly been at a fairly consistent level of quality, they’re not just full of excess words (inb4 unlike my comment – yeah sorry I ramble, okay? I’m getting old, I’m allowed). Well, I must admit I haven’t read the recent poem one yet, I just… I dunno, haven’t got around to it, I suppose. The poem ones tend to lean too hard toward cheesy for me, so I have to at least approach them when I’m in one of my more… lenient mindsets.
    But anyway, point is that I was just wondering not long before I got here, whether this is the way creepypasta is going – long stories and series rather than the short bursts of creep factor that might just about fit in a youtube comment. I was also wondering just how I felt about this, if such was the case, and I believe I came to the (astute as fuck) conclusion, “not sure”.
    Well, I think I just got my answer to both questions, and it made me smile. So yeah, this is refreshing to see – partly as a “return to pasta form” (as in the kind of thing that can and will be copied and pasted around easily like a virtual campfire story or urban legend, thus the “pasta”) and partly because I realised I was actually glad to see it. Like I said, not that I don’t like the long ones too, but it was kinda like when you get a classic “monster-of-the-week” episode of the Ҳ-ϝiles after like 3/4 of a season crammed with heavy mythology episodes. You know what I mean, right?
    The subject matter was fun, too – not just because I happen to lean toward a nihilistic point of view myself, but also because I love it when I can tell just by reading something, that it’s going to stir up a lot of people. And both the “depressing” content and the direct denial of religious focal points such as heaven and Hell… those are the kind of things that get people all up in arms and flustered. And it was delievered so clinically, with such a sense of detachment. No emotional involvement, which also often gets to people, and this was done fairly subtly here, not pointing it out like LOOK HOW COLD I AM, which always diminishes the impact. Perfectly calculated to efficiently cause discomfort. Low, dirty blows, right where it’s gonna hurt. Didn’t even need a monster.
    Beautiful.

    Edit: Although yeah, what Sepia said about the percentages thing. Statistics gathered /how/ exactly?

    1. Kaos McPunchfist

      Yea, I’m not going to argue for or agaisnt the pasta’s theme, but it was seriously lacking in story, you have to admit. if it had some kind of story, maybe some guy learned of this “truth” as he died, and the last emotion he had was regret that he couldn’t tell others, it might have been, not to be too blunt, worth a read. as it is, it is just as viable and worthy of people’s time as those who spout religion or athiesm arrogantly on youtube comments, if not with significantly more eloquence.

      In short; the theme is fine, but lacks story to relate it to the real world, and thus achieve eliciting that “creepy” feeling from the reader.

      in my opinion.

  11. Kaos McPunchfist

    this is less a pasta, and more of a fictional long-term justification for virtually any negative actions and self-destructive debauchery. this pasta also lacked to suspend my disbelief for a second, because rather than having build-up, it right out told me how to think. if there was some kind of story involved, I might have been entertained, because at least the idea expressed would have some significance to something.

    on another note, the writing was decent, and it wasn’t overly long for what it was.

  12. Really interesting idea. We become our final emotion, distilled. That is a great idea, but I wonder how it would have worked as a micro story about someone going through this process. As Sepia mentioned, the percentages do seem incredibly arbitrary. It is a creepy idea, and it is executed well in this format,but this format just isn’t my cup of tea, not that my opinion matters very much. It does its creepy job well, and I enjoyed this little thought for the day. 7/10

  13. Hey!

    Nihilistic solipsism in a chilled, rather depressing bottle. Did it’s job though I would’ve preferred it without percentages (which felt arbitrary).

    1. For the Love of all that is good anon, don’t bail on us yet. Read On A Hill 1 and 2, the previous two pastas. Check out the past few weeks, we’ve had some good ones.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top