Advertisement
Please wait...

#AllThatWeAre



Estimated reading time — 3 minutes

First it was the gays. Then the Muslims. Then the terrorists. Then the gay terrorist Muslims. I don’t know. It’s hard to keep track of who you’re meant to be hating when you’re a straight, white male.

I put that as my Facebook status once. Thirty four likes. I felt like kind of a big deal. In a world so over-saturated with attention addicts, I don’t see the issue with indulging in the odd hit of pure, uncut validation once in a while. It’s a good rush.

There was a time when I thought the whole idea of social networking was juvenile. I saw every tweet, blog entry and status update as a child hanging from the monkey bars shouting at their mother for not looking. I’m not above that. No one is above that.

Advertisements

“Grow up!” – What does that even mean? At what age are you meant to stop enjoying positive reinforcements? Is “growing up” synonymous with being a jaded cynic? Forget that. Validate me. I’m going to be dead one day. Tell me that my observations are witty and relevant. Retweet me. Reblog me.

I walk through crowds, tangent and clothed, yet invisible and unimportant. Just like the rest of you. Some of you ‘peacock’ to get a second glance. A real life Facebook like.

“Let’s all peacock and blend in together, right?” – Seven retweets, twenty six likes.

No one will remember your name. They will all remember mine.

I catch the five fifteen train home and rarely get a seat.

“The train ride home is the only time it is socially acceptable to grind on strangers.” – Five retweets, seventeen Facebook likes.

Advertisements

I return home from work at around five forty five every weekday, lock the front door, finish the last of my commutable cappuccino and place the cup in the recycling bin. I remove my tie and drape it over the coat hanger on my living room door. I undo the top button of my eight ninety nine shirt and breathe a sigh of relief that the working day is done. I pull my Iphone from my pocket and scroll absently for around five minutes and then I head to the basement.

Advertisements

It’s quite a nice basement. It’s spacious and insulated. The floor is laminated and kept clean and the walls are decorated with art prints and watercolour canvases. I paint some of them. Check out my Instagram when all of this is over, maybe you’ll like them. The smell isn’t great down there sometimes but that’s a means to an end. I can deal with the smell. Soundproofing. That’s the important part.

After entering my basement, I turn right and head to the far wall. There will always be two objects of interest that I approach. One of them will usually be moving, the other one silent. With my Iphone still in hand, I open the camera and hold it landscape, tapping the screen to gain focus. I take several shots just to make sure that I get a good one and then I lock the screen again.

The one that moves usually begs me to let them go. They bargain and they plead. Sometimes they come on to me. I gesture to the silent and still one tied up next to them. I pull out the swollen, black tongue and turn the gaunt, lifeless face towards them and remind them what they are. All that they are.

“It doesn’t matter how many followers you have on twitter when you’re tied to a radiator in my basement.” – Twelve retweets. I wish I could see their faces when they find out.

Advertisements

I make the live one watch as I fill the small bathtub in the corner with lye. I make them watch as I untie the dead one and drag them over to the tub and slide them in. I then leave the two of them together overnight. By the morning, all that’s left is a brownish, black sludge and a few brittle bones. It’s always too much for the live one to stomach. I tell them again, it’s all that they are. Sex, gender, race, religion, whatever. They all look the same after a night in my tub.

I have been documenting the whole thing from the start. Just a few more and my blog can go live. I don’t know what to call it yet. Social macabre? Maybe? I don’t know, I’m going to be critical of whatever name I choose. Either way, once I share it, the internet is going to explode. I’ll be viral. A social media pandemic infecting the feeds and personal profiles of people all over the world. They’ll forget the names of my art pieces but they will remember my name.

I might even get my own hashtag.

Credit To – Radarshine

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

17 thoughts on “#AllThatWeAre”

  1. The author created that link for the pasta. Many authors create images, sound files, videos, even entire websites, to help flavor their stories.

    I’m sorry if I’m spoiling your fun, but we have to be very clear about this now: none of these stories are real. None of them. Even if the author pretends in the commends otherwise: none of them.

    If you won’t understand that, I’d ask that you refrain from visiting the site.

  2. Very nice. I did not see that coming!

    This did not affect my score, but why do people insist on writing out numbers? In my opinion it looks better, especially in relation to time, if you just use 5:45 instead of five forty five.

    7/10

  3. Definitely creepy. I like it. Unfortunately I am sick of the concept of social media turning the population into mindless zombies, maniacs, killers or what have you. People do legitimately think social media is ruining lives (as it makes us more anti-social really) so I kinda got the feeling you were making fun of all that. I think it was (slightly) satirical, but unintentionally I would imagine. This isn’t your doing, I think it’s just the concept/topic you based it on (social media). I’ll give it 6/10 :D

    1. I personally took it both as a condemnation of the social media clickbait ‘do it for the Vine’ etc etc etc mindset as well as the media’s habit of showering attention onto people who commit such atrocities. I honestly believe that, at this point, some people view violent acts as a way to get famous because… well, unfortunately that’s what happens.

      “They’ll forget the names of my art pieces but they will remember my name.

      I might even get my own hashtag.”

      That was so chilling to me because I really feel like, as a society, we’re kind of cultivating this mindset of attention/fame at any cost and the media certainly do give that fame to anyone who commits a particularly vile act.

      I certainly interpreted it as satirical, and quite effective satire at that.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top