Advertisement
Please wait...

A Silent Reminder



Estimated reading time — 2 minutes

During the second world war many families in Berlin where confined to shelters for days, sometimes weeks while outside air raids flew overhead.

Many of the children, who were supposed to be at school making friends, where instead put under great stress.

However during this time, the english government, in an attempt to raise moral began a large scale propaganda campaign, the most noticeable of which was the “Keep Calm and Carry On” poster. However less notable was the british government’s contracting of Wonderment Toys & co, to produce free stuffed bears, which were handed out to kids and families around Berlin during raids. the toys were made by war prisoners under forced labour, and at very little expense to the ministries. The project was soon discarded, though after a massive loss of man power in the workhouses.

On the 6th of June 1942, the bodies of over 300 prisoners where found in the workhouses of w&co toy manufactures. The bodies where described as still chained to the work benches, but butchered, bisected from head to crouch and void of all internal organs. Baffled by the massacre, the police were unable to find any leads to who may have been behind the event, but mentioned in the reports that the toys and workstations remained untouched.

Three days after the workhouse massacre, there was a series of small bombings near the north suburban end of Berlin. While causing little damage, the explosions were thought to be responsible for the disappearance of the final shipment of bears, which never arrived at the towns.

The week after the countryside bombings, a large air raid hit most of berlin and in the wake of the raid came a spree of missing children’s reports from north. This while tragic, was nothing more then a footnote, as the war began to reach it’s peak.

The documents following the case reveal no connections to the workhouse massacre, save a disturbing report by an elderly women living in the suburbs on the night of the air raid.

Advertisements

Sue Geese, the elderly woman, reported seeing a large group of children gathered in the streets through her window. The children appeared to be playing with their toy bears.

After a few hours the raid sirens sounded and Miss Geese ran to the bunker screaming at the children to “run home”, according to Geese the children did not hear her or simply ignored her.

Advertisements

During the bombings geese claimed to hear screaming that seemed “hollow” and “metallic” over the explosions, but upon leaving the bunker found only the children’s stuffed bears, which, according to geese, where actually in “good condition considering the damaged surroundings.”

Advertisements

Other reports from the area, not related to the missing children, concerned a bad smell, described as “rotting meat” for three days after the raid.

The children were never found, yet another tragedy born in the horrors of WWII. However, if you look in antique shops, you can still find the bears today, a silent reminder of the hardships endured by the people of England.

Credit To: hendo

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

37 thoughts on “A Silent Reminder”

  1. nooneinparticular

    So many grammatical errors and as everyone pointed out, you obviously meant the German government as England was fighting on the other side of the war. Also it’s morale not moral. Totally different words. That’s just one example but there are many many many throughout this story show casing your knowledge of the English language.

  2. Two good ideas. But you did not combine them well. The ending itself even mostly dismisses the supernatural/paranormal aspect of the story.

  3. Well, its fairly obvious you’re not from England, or anywhere that speaks english. The word when youre looking to descirbe how a thing was in the purpal past tense is WERE, not where. Its hard to be creeped out when Im busy being pissed off at your terrible geography and grammar. As for the story, too short. Youve got a mass murder, kids playing with bears, and nothing to really explain or suggest whats actually going on

  4. Awful. Your history and English is so awful that it actually hurt to read that. Please learn history, geography, and English before making another attempt.

  5. You know what COULD have made this pasta creepy? If the POW’s were bisected from head to crotch and their internal organs were used as stuffing for the bears. At least that’s the impression I got when the pasta came to “the smell of rotting meat.”

    The murderous bears were a bit odd for this pasta though– and frankly I think that’s where the scare wore off. :/

  6. What the heck did the ‘bisected’ workers have to do with the bears? The whole story line just doesn’t make sense. I’m sorry, but a 3 isn’t a very far fetched rating.

  7. This Creepypasta was extremely irritating to read due to the fact that I live in England and Berlin is in Germany and the British Parliament is… well in Britain. Oh and a side note, "Keep calm and carry on" was never actually used during WWII, it was just set aside.

  8. This Creepypasta was extremely irritating to read due to the fact that I live in England and Berlin is in Germany and the British Parliament is… well in Britain.

  9. Useless.
    As others have pointed out, Berlin is in Germany. That’s where the nazis were from. They were sorta the bad guys of WW2. England is in Britain, and it was the British who were fighting against the nazis. You obviously have access to the internet so why don’t you use google?

  10. Also:

    ‘bisected from head to crouch’

    that’s ‘head to crotch’, crouch is what you do when you want to hide or sneak. There’s other spelling and grammar mistakes, I’m not going to list them all but that one just leapt out at me and I had to say something about it.

  11. Where the last bears supposed to be made with the organs of the POWs? By who and what for? Why metallic screaming? I can see the form of the overall idea but the execution makes no sense whatsoever.

    Also, any POWs working in the UK during the war would have been guarded at all times. The idea of them being left alone randomly chained to work benches and noone knowing what happened is equal parts lulz and derp so… yeah. Oh and they would be working in factories not workhouses, workhouses were a victorian thing for poor people, they still existed on a lesser scale during WWII but there’s no way they would have lived in them because they were locked up in POW camps.

    And if it was supposed to be a German firm making propoganda for the British government to use on their own people during the war…. just… no.

  12. This was very confusing. I never understood the fact that the the bears were in good shape. I still want to know what was the point of this pasta. This was not scary.

  13. “During the bombings geese claimed to hear screaming that seemed “hollow” and “metallic” over the explosions,”

    yes, the geese filed a report and flew away.

  14. The Magic School Bus

    Oh sorry, I didnt mean to cause trouble. It was I who picked up all the children from the bunker. We went to tour Berlin, England.

  15. A brief believable story of history. Not really creepy but historycal. A lot of stuff happen during world war 2. From ghost stories to monsters.

  16. Work on your history and geography. Berlin is in Germany. Why would the English government be trying to boost the moral of the enemies capitol that they themselves are bombing? Also what the hell did the bears have anything to with the story? were they murderous bears?

    1. Actually Britain occupied part of Berlin during WWII, so did the U.S, France and the Soviet Union

  17. Shame nice theme (creepy period horror theme) but I’m afraid Berlin is in Germany and the English government (British government) are in well….Britain

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top