Advertisement
Please wait...

3 Days



Estimated reading time — 5 minutes

3 days ago

I was laying in bed. I couldn’t sleep even though I had school in the morning. A noise breaks the silence. A whisper. I heard the whisper but I have no idea what it said. I get up on my elbows and look around in the darkness. I see raindrops starting to fall outside my window. The faint light of a car passing by creates shadows inside my room. I hear the whisper again, this time hearing clearly the words ‘the mirror.’ I get up and walk over to the mirror on the wall next to my desk. I flip my table lamp on to see the creature.

It was about my height, maybe a little taller. It had no eyes, just black holes leading to an abyss of darkness. It’s skin was black, with various cuts over it’s body leaking a black stream of blood down it’s skin. It’s hands were scaled, with long, bloodstained claws. It smiles at me revealing sharp, yellow teeth. It raises it’s hand and scratches a message in the glass.
‘You will lose it all.’

I quickly jumped back. I wanted to yell, to call my parents to come in and look at the creature in front of me. But I was too scared to do anything. I think the creature knew I was scared, because it throws its head back as if it was laughing, but there wasn’t a single sound. I could feel my body shaking in terror. I covered my head and said to myself, ‘Just leave me alone!’

At least five minutes passed before I looked up at the mirror. I saw my reflection in the mirror. I was pale as a ghost, my blue eyes were watering, and my arms were so tense you could see the veins popping out. I eventually turned the light off and got back into bed, trying to pass it off as an illusion due to exhaustion.

2 days ago

I woke up after a nightmare about that creature. I stared at my wall for a while and eventually got the courage to walk over to my mirror. I stared at myself. Eventually my mother walked in and snapped me out of my daze. I quickly got ready and went to school.
During my lunch period I texted my girlfriend, telling her about last night. She didn’t believe me and said it was just a nightmare. I went home and set my backpack on my bed. I got on my computer to search for anything on the creature I saw, but an instant message popped up before I could search anything. The screen name was ‘Yourself’. There was no picture.

The message read,
‘No one will believe you and there is nothing you can do.’
I blinked. I started typing a message in the box. ‘Why are you doing this to me?’
‘I enjoy toying with humans. It make me laugh seeing you watch as you destroy your own life.’
I was stunned. ‘What do you mean?’
‘You will see.’ After this, the person went offline.

I closed my laptop, contemplating what the hell just happened. I tried to find some reasoning behind what just happened. The rational side of me said that it was someone pulling a prank on me. But I knew that couldn’t possibly be true. The only person who knew about my situation was my girlfriend, and I knew that she wouldn’t do something like that. I run downstairs, go outside, and climb my favorite tree, as this would usually help me clear my head. I eventually end up falling asleep in that very tree.

I wake up to the sound of scratching. I rub my eyes and find that there is wood under my fingernails. I looked down and found a message on the branch I was sitting on. ‘The window.’ I looked into the various windows of my house to find, inside my window, was something that looked a hell of a lot like me, but slightly different. I immediately noticed that ‘my’ hands were burned and ‘my’ wrists were cut. ‘I’ had sharp, blackened nails. ‘My’ eyes were a sharp yellow, and ‘my’ clothes and hair were covered in ashes. ‘I’ was smiling in a twisted, insane way.

I was shocked. For a moment, I just sat there, staring at the being inside my window. I eventually climbed down from the tree and ran into the house. I burst through my door to find an empty room. I looked to my left, into my mirror, to see the creature, laughing like a madman.

Advertisements

I ran out of the room and grabbed the pistol my dad kept in his room. I went back to my room and pointed the gun at the mirror. The creature just laughed some more. Eventually I just smashed the mirror with the butt of the gun. A sharp, demonic laughter echoed throughout the room. The laughter eventually turned into my own. I heard in my own voice, ‘It’s time.’ I felt myself slowly losing consciousness. The last image I remember seeing, was the creature moving towards me.

Yesterday

I woke up in a pile of ash. I rub my eyes to find my hands burned and my nails sharpened, with ashes under them. My wrists were recently cut. I looked around. It seemed as if I were in what were the remains of a burned down house. I got up and dusted myself off. Beside me was my fathers pistol. I picked it up to find, rather than being hot, it was cold as ice. I looked at my reflection in the barrel of the gun to see my eyes were yellow. I put the barrel of gun in my pocket and felt something else move in my pocket. I reached inside and found a packet of matches. Three of the matches were missing. I threw them on the ground and started walking away.

I eventually found my way to town. I found a newspaper and looked at the headlines. ‘Three housed burned down in mysterious fires.’ I read on to find that my, my girlfriends, and my best friends houses were burned down. Everyone inside died… except for me. It said I was a missing person.

Advertisements

I stared at the headlines for a while. Eventually something inside me snapped. I smiled. I laughed. There I was, standing in the street, laughing like a madman at the headline of people dying in house fires. I crumpled up the paper and threw it on the ground, still laughing. I found my way back to the remains of my house and climbed a tree. I just sat there the rest of the day, staring at the remains of my house.

Present day

I sit on the rooftop of my school. It’s pretty early in the morning, so no one is around.

I laugh as I think about the shit that’s happened to me. My parents are dead, my best friend is dead, my girlfriend is dead, all by my own actions. I have nothing but the clothes on my back and the gun in my hand. I stop laughing, and start to cry. Eventually I remember the words my mom told me whenever I was sad or depressed. ‘Sing a song that best describes the situation you are in. That always helped me.’

So, in between sobs, I started to sing a part of a song.
‘My legs are dangling off the edge…
A stomach full of pills didn’t work again….
I put a bullet in my head and I’m gone…. gone….. gone… gone…. gone…’

Please wait...

Copyright Statement: Unless explicitly stated, all stories published on Creepypasta.com are the property of (and under copyright to) their respective authors, and may not be narrated or performed under any circumstance.

43 thoughts on “3 Days”

  1. Elise Slyngstadli

    I did enjoy the pasta in of itself, but the fact that you changed your verbs from past to present all the time was extremely annoying

  2. ForeverMyMaster

    I feel like this story was written JUST to get Hollywood Undead out there.

    Wtf did I just waste my life reading?

  3. I was a little disappointed with where the plot ended up turning. I was hoping for a devious demon who would set the poor boy up for his own demise, Shrooms style. A scenario in which the demon would cause him to see or believe things that would drive him to defend himself or kill someone. But it was not a bad pasta at all, tasty even. 7/10.

  4. i thought the story was great. yes there were a few grammar mistakes, but after a while of writing they could get better. i all so loved how you incorperated hollywood undead into the story with those lyrics. i think stories are better when you incorperate something from the present day. all in all i thought it was a good read

  5. Terrible, terrible grammar, jumping tenses (there are even a few sentences with both present and past tense at once) and a non-existant plot, written without a proper flow.
    I was seriously tempted to stop reading when I read “it’s skin” (it’s = it is/was, “its” is what you had to write), now I wish I did.
    Although the concept behind all this might even be saved, it would need a total rewriting of the story.

  6. The extremely short sentences, the bad pacing, the endless grammar mistakes and the story not flowing well at all made it very unbearable, not to mention the plot being non-existent. Please stop writing.

  7. I know the story is supposed to be sad but i laughed at the end a little when i heard hollywood undead Bullet but still a good story

  8. You could have described the characters situation a bit more, like, some parts weren’t scary only because it seemed like the character wasn’t.
    Overall, great story, great concept.
    Awesome

  9. I wish I could make this into a movie, and at the end, use the "I wish that I could fly, way up in the sky.." etc. part of the song. But make it more eerie, not like a happy little boy. Oh god, I just love this. lovelovelovelovelove dkjmren

    1. That made it impossible for me to read. The switch up between past and present tense within the same sentence was very difficult to ignore.

  10. Overall a good concept, but delivered too vaguely and with a bit of predictability. If the transformation were masked a little better, I believe it could’ve been a lot better. Also, I find the instant messaging thing to be a bit corny, but that’s just me maybe. I would rather see some old fashioned, hand scribbled notes strewn all across the walls, or something of that sort. Not bad though.

    6/10

  11. Sorry, I think this was just bad. It seemed forced and very tryhard. Also, the repetitive use of it’s instead of its really, really threw me out of the story. The pace felt awkward. The plot didn’t make much sense to me.

    Honestly, I think the general idea of the plot has some potential, if it was given a lot more thought and written better, but as it stands, I wouldn’t have been surprised to see this on crappypasta instead.

  12. Gone to far ya im gone again, its gone on to long tell ya how it ends, im sitting on the edge with two best freinds ones a bottle of pills ones a bottle gin im twenty stories up ya up at the top… The song made that story for me nice addition

  13. Good story man, you remind me of myself a while ago.
    Try to range your sentence types a tad more, use complex ones and less simple ones – those are mostly used to build up tension. Also try to use more adjectives and whatnot, it pulls the reader in more when you use those.
    Kudos for the HU quote, love that song, either way keep it up.

  14. indeed there was allot of plotholes. Weird that while standing in your own burned down house you just walk away without even looking for your parents. I was gonna comment on this like @Jar did but then it won’t be nice seeing how people have reacted to such criticism xD

    Overall, nice pasta :D
    5/1

  15. I thought this was a very interesting pasta. Good job, writer. I enjoyed it very much.
    It was creepy enough to give me chills and prevent me looking into my mirror for a little bit, but it was nice enough to let me sleep.
    This is exactly what I look for when I read these. Good job.

  16. I liked it. The best part was the Hollywood Undead reference. Could have gone a bit more into detail in some places, and had a couple of small holes, but it was quite nice.

  17. Didn’t really like this one. I mean the fact it said you cut your wrist give the image of someone comiting suicide but the character wasn’t died. I think this is a plot hole due to the fact the image in the window had the same cuts on his wrists so it would be big cuts to notices through a window from a tree. And how is it possible to burn down three houses with people n it with just three matches I mean for one your going to need a lot of gasoline for three houses and when you only uses three matches for three building I feel like it would take up a lot of time. You could start at one end and let the fire spread but the flames wouldn’t spread so fast that the family’s wouldn’t smell the smoke a smoke alarm would go off it is just abit of loop holes in the killings that bothered me.

    1. Hey,it’s just a story,dont read too much into it and you’ll enjoy it. You can’t enjoy a haunted house when you look for all the plastic props from Dollar General and you can’t enjoy a horror movie by looking for strings. So give the guy a break.+

    2. it could have been that the demon in the mirror had possessed him and caused him to not die as well, thats what I thought to begin with. I linked the characters yellow eyes to the yellow eyed demon from Supernatural. Just a thought.

    3. Well first off there is a flaw in your comment about suicide and the wrist. Since there was still oxygen and air in his area his cut could have healed. It’s when you close off oxygen like putting it underwater that you’ll actually die from it due to loss of blood. Otherwise it bleeds a lot and hurts a hell of a lot more but evetually heals (believe me, I tried).
      Second, remember this was the work of an otherworldly “creature” and quite a clever one at that. While I agree with the family smelling the smoke, the boy (who I believe was possessed at the time of his actions, especially since he had the yellow eyes) could’ve detached the smoke alarms and took the batteries out. Otherwise, I agree with the lack of gasoline to it unless the boy ditched the gasoline and was escaping the house when he passed out.

  18. Good potential. I like the plot–could have been elaborated on more. Props for the Hollywood Undead quote. :) overall pretty good pasta. 6/10

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top